The Student Room Group

Options post GCSE in India

What are the options for a student moving from UK to India after the GCSE exam?
Do they have an international A levels system out there? Or perhaps the Internatiional Baccalureate, if that still exists?

Or do students go straight into Uni?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by infoseek
What are the options for a student moving from UK to India after the GCSE exam?
Do they have an international A levels system out there? Or perhaps the Internatiional Baccalureate, if that still exists?

Or do students go straight into Uni?

You can find an exam centre for international A levels in India. And I'm sure there are schools who teach international A levels but you just have to find one. I don't know how common IAL is in India. And obviously, India has its own education system where students study 2 years in college after SSC (Indian version of GCSE) that they call IPE or board exams (Indian version of A levels) I think. Check this out:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/understanding-our-qualifications/find-a-pearson-centre.html
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by NazifaNawer
You can find an exam centre for international A levels in India. And I'm sure there are schools who teach international A levels but you just have to find one. I don't know how common IAL is in India. And obviously, India has its own education system where students study 2 years in college after SSC (Indian version of GCSE) that they call IPE or board exams (Indian version of A levels) I think. Check this out:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/understanding-our-qualifications/find-a-pearson-centre.html

Are there schools in India that have the IAL or IB system? How can I connect with people who have completed either of these in India?
Original post by infoseek
Are there schools in India that have the IAL or IB system? How can I connect with people who have completed either of these in India?

There are schools in India that have IAL but I am not sure which ones they are because I am not Indian, I just live in India's neighbouring country and I am doing IAL. Search in google about schools with IAL in the state in India where you will be going. I am sure you will find a suitable school. IAL is taken in around 90 countries and India is one of them so you won't face much difficulties.

Quick Reply

Latest