The Student Room Group

Maths and history content

Can you learn all the GCSE maths content by watching GCSE maths tutor and then doing the questions on maths genie and the workbook in a month alongside other subjects and can you also do that for history but just with the textbook and workbooks?
Original post by Aaronn456
Can you learn all the GCSE maths content by watching GCSE maths tutor and then doing the questions on maths genie and the workbook in a month alongside other subjects and can you also do that for history but just with the textbook and workbooks?

For maths that's pretty much what I did (in one day before the mock exams and I got an 8). I don't do history but my friends only use the textbooks and workbooks (maybe the odd Knowledge organiser) and they're getting 9s. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by Grey007
For maths that's pretty much what I did (in one day before the mock exams and I got an 8). I don't do history but my friends only use the textbooks and workbooks (maybe the odd Knowledge organiser) and they're getting 9s. Hope this helps! :smile:

But my current grade is a 2?

Don't worry, my friends went from a U to a 7 in the space of 2 weeks :smile:. There's still time until the first exam. If you put the work in now you can get to a higher grade. Here are some knowledge organisers which might help you: https://www.resourceaholic.com/p/knowledge-organisers.html

Good luck!

You can work up to higher grades from your current grade with these questions:
https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports
If you scroll down a bit you'll see this (attached), they're really good.
Good luck & hope this helps! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Grey007
You can work up to higher grades from your current grade with these questions:
https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports
If you scroll down a bit you'll see this (attached), they're really good.
Good luck & hope this helps! :smile:

Is it possible to go from a 2 to a 5 in a month alongside other subjects? Maths is my weakest subject
Is it possible to go from a 2 to a 5 in a month alongside other subjects? Maths is my weakest subject

Definitely, just remember not to stress too much (its difficult with a month to exams but give yourself some time away from studying, don't burn out before the exams start, at least 1 hour to yourself with no revision involved is how I'm doing it with breaks between revising :smile:, start now and you'll see your progress very quickly. Put in a few hours a week, on weekends for example, pick up a workbook or print off some exam questions for when you're in school (remember its a lot easier to get to a grade 5 than you think as you only need to master foundation knowledge for this grade!). If you have any maths questions look at solutions or ask for help on tsr if you still don't understand, we all learn by making mistakes!

Good luck and I wish you the best! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending