The Student Room Group

A Level desisions - Economics, History, Geography , Politics

I was wondering which a level is the least content heavy in the humanities area and I am also considering economics, I want to find an A level that I can enjoy but also have minimal content so I was deciding between Economics, History, Geography and Polictics,
I was considering RS but I have heard it is really content heavy
I currently do Maths, Computer science and psychology but would want to change maths to one of the subjects above.
I want to pursue a degree in computer science or apprentiship but can no longer do maths so I dont mind what other A Level to choose as long as its not that content heavy or time consuming but i would love for it to be interesting.
Mainly focused towards changing to economics, history or geography
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by stargirl1234
I was wondering which a level is the least content heavy in the humanities area and I am also considering economics, I want to find an A level that I can enjoy but also have minimal content so I was deciding between Economics, History, Geography and Polictics,
I was considering RS but I have heard it is really content heavy
I currently do Maths, Computer science and psychology but would want to change maths to one of the subjects above.
I want to pursue a degree in computer science or apprentiship but can no longer do maths so I dont mind what other A Level to choose as long as its not that content heavy or time consuming but i would love for it to be interesting.
Mainly focused towards changing to economics, history or geography

Hi, I do geography and politics and I would definitely say politics is more content heavy - with many specifics to remember for essays.
From what I've heard from lots of my friends doing history, it is extremely content heavy and definitely much more than geography.

I would recommend geography out of the options - or economics if you would like a mixture of maths/politics/geography as it has overlapping concepts!

Quick Reply

Latest