The Student Room Group

Sheffield vs Bristol BSc Biology

I have a conditional offer from both, and I find both of their modules for bio fascinating (although Bristol seems to have slightly more interesting modules). I also have an offer from Warwick however there are too many chemistry/cell biology modules so Ive basically eliminated it as an option.
Ive decided that Reading will be my insurance thanks to the offer of BBB (or BBC with epq) and the modules+museum.

Ive only been to Bristol so far, and I loved the city and bio department, and the fact that its close to London (where I live) is a major advantage, however the only issue is that my offer is AAA. In mocks Ive been getting ABB-BBB (however Im predicted A*AA), so Im concerned that if I do firm Bristol it would be a waste of a firm.

On the other hand I love the modules at Sheffield too, and I will be visiting in a few weeks, however Im pretty sure its less prestigious than Bristol and also further away from London. Sheffield also has several field trips, while I dont think Bristol has any overseas trips at all. My offer is AAB (or ABB with epq).

Can anyone studying bio at either Bristol or Sheffield (or even Reading) advice me? How much free time is there? What is life like in these cities? How is the diversity?

I like the outdoors so the fact that Sheffield is close to the peak district is close is a major plus. I dont like going out too much so busy city vibes arent too important, as long as there are some employers as Id like to have a job during uni.

Sorry for the long post Im not sure anyone will bother reading this lol...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending