The Student Room Group

MSc in Buomedical Science or MSc in Molecular Neuroscience?

I’ve recieved two offer letters:
1. MSc Biomedical Science from Uni of Sheffield
2. MSc Mol Neuroscience from Uni of Bristol
If we completely ignore my aspirations and preferences, purely based on the usefulness of the degree, employment, universities, which one I should choose?

(I always wanted to go for research and Neurosicence has always in many ways aroused my intellectual senses, I am not sure that this would remain the same as I would proceed with this masters journey. And I also think, employability and earnings are limited in Mol Neuroscience.)
Reply 1
Heyy, I also got an offer from Bristol for the Mol. Neuroscience and I decided to accept. I think you're right about the fact that neuroscience has less opportunities, especially in industry, compared to topics such as stem cell biology, cancer, tissue engineering, biotech stuff etc. that Sheffield offers. I decided based on my research interests, but if I had to choose solely based on the employability of the degree I think I would go for Sheffield. This doesn't mean that neuroscience field is dead or anything, it's actually really trendy, and basically most research institutions around the world do research on neuroscience as well, but I see neuroscience more of an academic rather than biotech-pharma career.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending