The Student Room Group

university of manchester or durham university

I have to firm either UoM or durham as for criminology they are both AAB and I am insuring loughborough but i am unsure as to which of the two to firm. I visted both and loved them both. i love the collegiate system of durham and the course was so good but i also loved the city lifestyle of manchester and i feel liek there will be more to do. the nightlife and social aspect is a big part for me which is what is making me lean towards manchester but i am not sure so if anyone could give any advice that would be appreciated.
Original post by ellievsaville
I have to firm either UoM or durham as for criminology they are both AAB and I am insuring loughborough but i am unsure as to which of the two to firm. I visted both and loved them both. i love the collegiate system of durham and the course was so good but i also loved the city lifestyle of manchester and i feel liek there will be more to do. the nightlife and social aspect is a big part for me which is what is making me lean towards manchester but i am not sure so if anyone could give any advice that would be appreciated.

I don't go to Uni of Manchester but I do live there and it's great if you love the city vibes. Greater Manchester as a whole is much bigger than you realise and there are things to do such as going shopping at the Trafford Centre and what not.
Ik that loads of people at Uni of Manchester also make friends with Man Met and RNCM students so if you love meeting people, Manchester has 3 unis on the same road so chances are you'll probably see a new face each day.
I don't know much about Durham but I also worked with placement year students and two of them were from Durham uni and they say it's not horrible but they call it Dullham haha. When I was reapplyimg this year, I considered Durham because it's No.6 on the complete uni guide, but I chose a different uni because of what my coworkers said about it being dull.
I hope that helped even just a bit?

Nobody can give to advice as to which of the two universities would be better for you as everyone will have their own preferences in terms of what's important to them. You've visited them both and loved them both, so you can't really go wrong. You say that "the nightlife and social aspect is a big part for me which is what is making me lean towards manchester". Go with your gut - firm Manchester.
(edited 1 year ago)

Just wanted to add that I didn't apply to UoM either, I didn't really want to stay home for uni. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, if your gut is leaning towards Manchester, go with it. That's what I did when I was deciding between Loughborough and Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending