The Student Room Group

Research Papers, how useful are they?

I was told to have a look at lumiere education as a way to write a research paper but I was put off by the number of people saying it was a scam or really overpriced.

Anyways, that got me thinking if writing a research paper for undergraduate application would be helpful. I understand it'll be a lot of work but is it worth the time and effort and will it improve my chances of getting into university noticeably?
Reply 1
Original post by Anxious4ever
I was told to have a look at lumiere education as a way to write a research paper but I was put off by the number of people saying it was a scam or really overpriced.

Anyways, that got me thinking if writing a research paper for undergraduate application would be helpful. I understand it'll be a lot of work but is it worth the time and effort and will it improve my chances of getting into university noticeably?

If it gets published in a prestigious journal, that will definitely raise your chances massively. You'd probably stand out amongst the crowd.

As long as you can do it in a reasonable amount of time, sure
(edited 1 year ago)
I see, thanks for the info. If I can ask, what would be considered a prestigious journal?

Original post by resk
If it gets published in a prestigious journal, that will definitely raise your chances massively. You'd probably stand out amongst the crowd.

As long as you can do it in a reasonable amount of time, sure
Great information, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending