The Student Room Group

How do I get back with my ex?

Hello TSR community!
I dated a girl for a while, then she told me she sees no point of us continuing dating if it is not going anywhere. I told her she has to step out of her comfort zone and just trust the flow. She accepted and everything was fine. She then went on and prob talked to her friends, 2 days later she comes back and says she never liked me in the 1st place and felt no attraction from the beginning. I talk with one of her friends later that evening, which happens to be my good friend too, she tells me I called her damaged when I said step out of your comfort zone, and that she ( the girl) is disgusted by me, and I am arrogant and condescending and basically a narcissist( her exact words were psycho).I tried to apologise, but she keeps saying that she is not offended at all. Now the girl I really liked hates me and isn’t willing to talk with me after 2 months. What should I do, I still really like her.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just move on. You aren’t good for each other.
Easier said than done… I would have after 2 months
Reply 3
It’s not going to come right. She hasn’t exactly held back in outlining her reasons. There are many other adorable girls. You just have to learn a bit from each set back and continue the quest for true love
(edited 1 year ago)
She is very sweet and sometimes her friends are influencing her and overthinking the whole thing
Assuming you are being entirely honest in your presentation of the facts: you drop her. A woman who manipulates details like that is bad news.
The real question is: does she deserve another opportunity to be with you after she called you arrogant, condescending, a narcissist, a psycho?

Nah, forget about her and move on.
Original post by jay2013
The real question is: does she deserve another opportunity to be with you after she called you arrogant, condescending, a narcissist, a psycho?

Nah, forget about her and move on.

Oh no, she didn’t call me all that, her friend which happened to be also my friend at the time called me all those things. I understand what I might have said might have been insulting but I sure didn’t mean it. She is super nice, but now she won’t even talk to me to let me at least just apologise.
If she had said that, this thread wouldn’t of existed lmao 🤣
Move on. And why would you even still be interested in someone who’s talking so much crap about you and said they never liked you in the first place??
There is a point right there, but how could someone so nice turn to be such an ass?
Original post by Rltnshiploser
There is a point right there, but how could someone so nice turn to be such an ass?

You haven't met many humans have you
(edited 1 year ago)
It's good that you have a decent mutual friend.

(Sarcasm)
We all live in the halls at uni- our mutual friend always spent her time with me. The moment we started( me and the girl) dating she disappeared, and when we split she became the girl’s best friend
She is very sweet and sometimes her friends are influencing her and overthinking the whole thing

If she listens more to her *****y, gossipy friends over trying to make the relationship work, that tells you her true nature and where you are in her pecking order. Move on.
(edited 1 year ago)
We all live in the halls at uni- our mutual friend always spent her time with me. The moment we started( me and the girl) dating she disappeared, and when we split she became the girl’s best friend

Yup and now she is breaking confidences and stirring. Bit of a warning sign not to believe everything you hear.
I guess we are both immature and have a lot to learn
Hello TSR community!
I dated a girl for a while, then she told me she sees no point of us continuing dating if it is not going anywhere. I told her she has to step out of her comfort zone and just trust the flow. She accepted and everything was fine. She then went on and prob talked to her friends, 2 days later she comes back and says she never liked me in the 1st place and felt no attraction from the beginning. I talk with one of her friends later that evening, which happens to be my good friend too, she tells me I called her damaged when I said step out of your comfort zone, and that she ( the girl) is disgusted by me, and I am arrogant and condescending and basically a narcissist( her exact words were psycho).I tried to apologise, but she keeps saying that she is not offended at all. Now the girl I really liked hates me and isn’t willing to talk with me after 2 months. What should I do, I still really like her.

Getting back with an ex is NEVER a good idea...trust me. I'm sorry it worked out this way though.
Original post by noelissocute
Getting back with an ex is NEVER a good idea...trust me.

Meh I'd argue that more applies if neither of you have developed any since last time. Taking a longer view, people change.
Original post by StriderHort
Meh I'd argue that more applies if neither of you have developed any since last time. Taking a longer view, people change.

Some people do change. You're right.
I really hope she does- but like even if I was arrogant and hurt her, I never meant it intentionally. I seriously don’t believe that I deserve to be treated like this. Does anyone have any tips on how to talk to her and for the least just call a truce lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending