The Student Room Group

How do you compare and contrast different sociologicl perspectives?

How do you compare and contrast different sociological perspectives?

I have four (functionalist, Marxist, feminist and interactionist) but idk how to compare and comtrast

Do I just explain them infividually?
hey! i do cie sociology so we dont exactly have questions regarding comparing sociological perspectives however i assume a way you could go about it is through using the perspective B to support perspective A , or using perspective C as a counterargument to what perspective A has to say. An example may be like 'Marxists believe the family's role in society to benefit the capitalists, this would be further supported by Marxist feminists as they believe women in the family are exploited to produce workers for the capitalist government at low costs.' I may be wrong as to how your exam board may approach the question but this is how i believe it may be. you could check out quizlet for flashcards made by students and see if theres anything there or perhaps this site may be relevant https://www.markedbyteachers.com/as-and-a-level/sociology/compare-and-contrast-two-sociological-theories.html
Hope this helps!
Original post by psychstudent2625
hey! i do cie sociology so we dont exactly have questions regarding comparing sociological perspectives however i assume a way you could go about it is through using the perspective B to support perspective A , or using perspective C as a counterargument to what perspective A has to say. An example may be like 'Marxists believe the family's role in society to benefit the capitalists, this would be further supported by Marxist feminists as they believe women in the family are exploited to produce workers for the capitalist government at low costs.' I may be wrong as to how your exam board may approach the question but this is how i believe it may be. you could check out quizlet for flashcards made by students and see if theres anything there or perhaps this site may be relevant https://www.markedbyteachers.com/as-and-a-level/sociology/compare-and-contrast-two-sociological-theories.html
Hope this helps!

do I need to include like studies in my comparison?
I have to compare and contrast Functionalist, Marxist, feminist and interactionist views of the family
Original post by cherryhitchkins
do I need to include like studies in my comparison?
I have to compare and contrast Functionalist, Marxist, feminist and interactionist views of the family

i believe so, you could include studies like in supporting your feminist argument, you could use anne oakley and so forth
Original post by psychstudent2625
i believe so, you could include studies like in supporting your feminist argument, you could use anne oakley and so forth

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending