The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Help choosing a firm choice

Hello.
I'm an international prospective student and recently received offers to study Information Technology for Business at Oxford Brookes, same course at UWE, Information Technology at Huddersfield and Business Information Technology at BCU.

Ever since, its been really hard to decide where to go and I would not be able to visit any of the campuses before resumption to help my decision making process.
I've been considering-

Course modules (they are all interesting but I like that of OBU and UWE better);

In terms of rank, some people say OBU is better than UWE. I don't really know how true they are but rank doesn't really matter.

The environment (within and outside the Uni)- I've seen quite a number of negative reviews about OBU's Wheatley campus which is unfortunately building up doubts. I have no issues with UWE, Huddersfield and Birmingham City as the course would be at the main campuses;

Graduate prospect; the quality of academics, level of student support, etc.

I seek suggestions and/or advice.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello.
I'm an international prospective student and recently received offers to study Information Technology for Business at Oxford Brookes, same course at UWE, Information Technology at Huddersfield and Business Information Technology at BCU.

Ever since, its been really hard to decide where to go and I would not be able to visit any of the campuses before resumption to help my decision making process.
I've been considering-

Course modules (they are all interesting but I like that of OBU and UWE better);

In terms of rank, some people say OBU is better than UWE. I don't really know how true they are but rank doesn't really matter.

The environment (within and outside the Uni)- I've seen quite a number of negative reviews about OBU's Wheatley campus which is unfortunately building up doubts. I have no issues with UWE, Huddersfield and Birmingham City as the course would be at the main campuses;

heyy, so i just picked my firm and insurance choice for uni too, and one big thing i looked at when i was choosing them was the differences in the entry requirements, and which ones i felt i was most likely to meet, especially since two of my offers altered the entry requirememnts for me (contextual offer) because of the area im in. also another thing to look at is, as an offer holder, how many times is each uni emailing / contacting you? because yes it can be annoying getting a lot of emails and that from unis, but if theyre taking the time to email you the most out of all your choices, and if theyre sending the most things in the post and that, theyre probably going to be most invested in you and your experience at that university. i'd also make use of their websites really well, because thats where you can really hear first hand about them and see what things are like and have all the information in one place etc.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous
Hello.

I've been considering-

Hi Anon,

Thank you for considering us for your firm option. Is there anything we can help with? Do you have any questions about Huddersfield, our campus, what it is like to study here?

In terms of visiting the Uni, we have an interactive course map which can be found here: https://interactive.hud.ac.uk/
Please find a video of our Computing/IT facilities here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7irsFWpYuLQ&t=8s
Above video also includes information about student support available to students of the school :smile:

We hope above is helpful and please feel free to reply with any questions!

Best wishes,
Lewis
Social Media and Content Officer, University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending