The Student Room Group
Original post by Will H.1987
Maybe someone has some advice. I can't do sports because of my bad joints, but I urgently need to get rid of fat because my doctor recently diagnosed me with obesity. I am grateful for any answers

To be healthy and sustainable, losing weight should be a relatively slow process, not a rapid one.

A few details would be useful:
What is your current weight, height, age etc.?
What sort of things do you normally eat? How much?
Do you currently do any exercise? It doesn't need to be high intensity or high impact! What is your current fitness level? Are you able to walk (for more than 5 minutes)? Or swim or cycle?
Do you have any other medical conditions (if you don't mind disclosing them) that might be important to know of?

We can maybe give some ideas, but it would probably be best to consult your GP for advice that is properly suited to you :smile:
calorie deficit
calculate your basal metabolic rate on an online calculator and depending on your level of activity, weight and height minus around 300-600+ calories of intake per day, and you'll see weight loss

hope this helps!

https://www.fatcalc.com/rwl
There isn’t a quick fix to obesity.

You should try and see the required calorie consumption for your target weight.

But losing weight is ultimately about calorie deficit. You need to burn more and consume less, however small differences can make a big impact.

The hardest thing is finding a diet, I find high protein more filling and avoids cravings & insulin spikes & a better way to consume my calories but everyone is different.
Original post by Will H.1987
Maybe someone has some advice. I can't do sports because of my bad joints, but I urgently need to get rid of fat because my doctor recently diagnosed me with obesity. I am grateful for any answers
you have to control yourself. avoid all junk food. try to consume more liquids like buttermilk, shakes, and fruit juice. Eat lots of fruits. Don't less the protein intake in your diet. consume protein and fibre-based food. weight loss can lead to mental issues. Obesity is commonly seen in many people now a days. all you have to do is stay focused on your goal. please follow proper diet for atleast 6 months and then your body will be use to it.

Latest