The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Sociology Paper 2 (7192/2) - 9th June [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got any ideas for culture and identity or media?
Reply 61
Anyone got a bank of stats for families and households?
Reply 62
Original post by sweet_anarchist
Any predictions for Families and Beliefs?

A question on cults and one on ideology could come up, maybe even a 20 on religion as a conservative force (hopefully)
Reply 63
Original post by egregory16
is it likely that the 20 marker in family would be on feminism?

i dont think so tbh, there was one recently and there's been a few on couples so i doubt they'll do it again this year
Reply 64
Any predictions for Media ? x
i agree with the inequality theme tbh, i can defo imagine the 20 marker being based around it

what would you talk about for inequal between childhood and adulthood ?
Original post by mia.j
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you know the questions for any of the 2022 papers, i'm not attached to a school as i am being taught it online so have no access to the questions.

Thanks!

Hi contact the tutor for your on line learning platform they have access to the 2022 papers and can let you have a copy and the mark scheme too
Reply 67
anymore predictions for beliefs in society, or at least a list of what has not been asked
Reply 68
also what are the key predictions for families and households
Reply 69
Original post by kyamai
anymore predictions for beliefs in society, or at least a list of what has not been asked

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mOG7B1lyOuh-rqh-BuJlSrvDmhSDUvB518qjYqCYx5g/edit?usp=sharing

this is everything that has come up so far for beliefs and family
Original post by kyamai

have a feeling policies might come up, same with childhood and maybe family size
hey hey guys!

Just a quick question about the structure of 'evaluate' essays? I know in the mark scheme there isn't a specific way to answer questions, but is there a way that's better? I usually do one big paragraph for all of my agree points, and then one big paragraph for all of my disagree points, while also evaluating throughout. I know it's a bit late seeing as one exam has already been done. But better late than never!
Reply 72
Anyone who does work, welfare and poverty do you have any good notes for the functionalist, marxist, feminist, new right, webarian and social democratic explanations for poverty? Thank you :smile:
Reply 73
Does anyone please have the last year paper thank you
Reply 74
Original post by emilycantsingx
hey hey guys!

Just a quick question about the structure of 'evaluate' essays? I know in the mark scheme there isn't a specific way to answer questions, but is there a way that's better? I usually do one big paragraph for all of my agree points, and then one big paragraph for all of my disagree points, while also evaluating throughout. I know it's a bit late seeing as one exam has already been done. But better late than never!

my teacher has taught us to structure it so that each paragraph looks like

- point agreeing with the statement (quote item)
- elaboration (sociologists, policies, key terms, etc.)
- link back to the question/statement (quote item)
- point disagreeing with the statement/criticising the original point (quote item)
- elaboration
- link back to the question/statement (quote item)

do that 3x
then write a conclusion briefly summing up everything that's been said

and in the textbook that i have it says to evaluate as you go rather than leaving it to a big chunk at the end
but im ngl, i feel like it probably doesn't matter massively so long as you're linking it to the question, including ao1, referencing the item, etc.
Reply 75
i agree with the inequality theme tbh, i can defo imagine the 20 marker being based around it

What type of questions do you think can be asked for this?
Reply 76
Original post by 10lol10x
What type of questions do you think can be asked for this?

i'm wondering the same - does anyone have ideas?
Reply 77
For media they could ask about the postmodernist view, globalisation, another question on representations? any other predictions/ideas?
Original post by zmzop
i'm wondering the same - does anyone have ideas?

maybe something to do with couples? evaluate the view that gender roles and relationships within the family are still unequal in society today. --> that was the 20 marker from 2021 so i'm not sure if inequality will come up
Reply 79
Only just started revision, yes anyone know how I go about starting. My plan was to just use seneca to refresh and ray for the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending