The Student Room Group

SFE not letting my upload supporting evidence

I applied with the name on my unenrolled deed poll not realising it needs to be the one on my bank and passport so was instructed to upload to the supporting evidence bit my birth certificate, my unenrolled deed poll and a cover letter just to a message saying "something happened while attempting to upload and submit these files - try to upload and submit again. I've tried different formats, different sizes nothing works?!
Original post by diamondjxles
I applied with the name on my unenrolled deed poll not realising it needs to be the one on my bank and passport so was instructed to upload to the supporting evidence bit my birth certificate, my unenrolled deed poll and a cover letter just to a message saying "something happened while attempting to upload and submit these files - try to upload and submit again. I've tried different formats, different sizes nothing works?!

Hi there, So we can look into your account please contact us by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to answer all of your queries. Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, So we can look into your account please contact us by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to answer all of your queries. Thanks, Angela

Im so sick of being told this and not being told where this is! I thought this is a government website but its just a massive mess!??
(edited 1 year ago)
Im so sick of being told this and not being told where this is! I thought this is a government website but its just a massive mess!??

Hi there, The live chat option would show in the contact us section or you can call us on 0300 100 0607. I would advise to delete the attached files as this is a public forum. Thanks, Angela
There is no point in calling as they said they same thing upload to the supporting evidence, and it doesn't work. I'm not wasting 40 minutes just to be told to send a letter instead, the speak to an advisor option never comes up and when i click on the contact us it says to find it on the sfe website. Im being sent in loops, this website is nothing short of useless. Your uploading evidence is not working
There is no point in calling as they said they same thing upload to the supporting evidence, and it doesn't work. I'm not wasting 40 minutes just to be told to send a letter instead, the speak to an advisor option never comes up and when i click on the contact us it says to find it on the sfe website. Im being sent in loops, this website is nothing short of useless. Your uploading evidence is not working

Hi there,

We're sorry this has happened - can you try using a different internet browser, if possible? This normally fixes this issue.

We'd also suggest using a Windows PC or laptop if you're not already doing so. Let us know if that works.

Thanks, Graeme
Hello,
I have tried with different browsers, different file types, different file sizes and nothing works, and yes I am on a computer. Tried on a mobile too and doesn't work
Jules
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

We're sorry this has happened - can you try using a different internet browser, if possible? This normally fixes this issue.

We'd also suggest using a Windows PC or laptop if you're not already doing so. Let us know if that works.

Thanks, Graeme

Looking at the supporting evidence page it says for your application for student finance, im not sure if this isnt working as i havent made my application. Im trying to change the name associated on my account before I apply to avoid rejection
Looking at the supporting evidence page it says for your application for student finance, im not sure if this isnt working as i havent made my application. Im trying to change the name associated on my account before I apply to avoid rejection

Hi there,
To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

If you are unable to locate or access the Live Chat function you would need to contact our helpline on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser can assist you further.
Our helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday 9:00am to 4.00pm.

You can find out how to upload evidence here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

If you are unable to upload evidence then this would need to be sent via post for the team to review.
Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ
Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there,
To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

If you are unable to locate or access the Live Chat function you would need to contact our helpline on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser can assist you further.
Our helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday 9:00am to 4.00pm.

You can find out how to upload evidence here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

If you are unable to upload evidence then this would need to be sent via post for the team to review.
Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ
Thanks, Karen

Thank you this was very helpful!
Thank you this was very helpful!

You're welcome. If there is anything we can assist with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending