The Student Room Group

Want my old job back

Hey all, so I worked at Gregg's for a month last November to December but quit cos I had problems there and got another job.
But I ended up quitting the other job too cos had problems there too. So now I want to go back to Gregg's cos can't get another job but do think that they will remember me and that they won't take me back cos had problems there?
What can I say to them as reason for leaving??
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all, so I worked at Gregg's for a month last November to December but quit cos I had problems there and got another job.
But I ended up quitting the other job too cos had problems there too. So now I want to go back to Gregg's cos can't get another job but do think that they will remember me and that they won't take me back cos had problems there?

Are you planning to go back to the same branch of Gregg's? If so, then the people there will surely remember you.

With regards to, "What can I say to them as reason for leaving?" - what was your actual reason for leaving? It's always best to be honest. All you've said above is "I had problems there". Did you leave on good terms? Or did you storm out, swearing at them? :wink:

(I assume you opted not to pursue the offer of a job with an agency as a carer going to different care homes, then?)
Original post by cherlloydfan1

Jobs don't work like that. They will have filled your role, and even if they haven't, they will want to advertise unless you were so amazing they haven't managed to replace you in the last 3 1/2 months, which for Greggs seems highly unlikely.
Original post by threeportdrift
Jobs don't work like that. They will have filled your role, and even if they haven't, they will want to advertise unless you were so amazing they haven't managed to replace you in the last 3 1/2 months, which for Greggs seems highly unlikely.

I agree.
If it is the same branch of greggs you are wanting to apply to, then they will surely remember you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending