The Student Room Group

Will they rehire me???

So left my old job.

Started my new job which has similar pay to my old job.

My new job is too hard and isn't worth the pay.

I wanna go back to my old job.

So went to the store but the hiring manager wasn't in.

I told the other manager he says none is available as I got replaced.

My friend is gonna leave at the end of the month so I can replace him. There is a chance he said. Not the hiring manager.

Will he allow me to do that?

Bad thing is that whenever he hires someone he gets 200. IDEK how he does it but yh.

If he rehires me he will miss out on that opportunity.

IDEK what I should do as I wasn't a bad employee and I miss my old job soo much. So no reason why he shouldn't hire me.

I have thinked that I will even pay 200 to get my old job so he can hire me.

Have I gotta a chance.
(edited 9 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any advise??
I’m guessing the new manager wasn’t kidding then.

Impossible to say with regards to them taking you back. They may not want to regardless of what vacancies they’ve got. If it’s casual you might get lucky.

NB. Don’t bump within a day of the last post.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
I’m guessing the new manager wasn’t kidding then.

Impossible to say with regards to them taking you back. They may not want to regardless of what vacancies they’ve got. If it’s casual you might get lucky.

NB. Don’t bump within a day of the last post.

I asked my colleague I genuinely don’t care if I get fired from a job that I don’t like.

I messaged my manager the one after the hiring manager if that makes sense.

im gonna see the hiring manager on Monday because he can give me a deeper insight.

but for now this is what the assistant manager said to me. What does this mean.

basically one of my friend is leaving end of this month and I wanna replace him

IMG_2355.jpeg
Reply 4
Any advise
If you have left on good terms, then I can't see why not they shouldnt't hire you back.

It would be less hassle for them as they know you and your old employment details are still there.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 6
Going back to an old job when the new one doesn’t work out is quite common. It does though rely on your previous employer having rated you and wants you back, rather than the reverse
Reply 7
Original post by GetTwisted
If you have left on good terms, then I can't see why not they shouldnt't hire you back.

It would be less hassle for them as they know you and your old employment details are still there.

I did leave on good terms they would barely complain about me and me and the hiring manager had quite a good relationship.

The only thing that he will miss out on is 200 pound and I am scared he has already found a replacement for my friend who is leaving soon. I don't mind giving him 200 pound to rehire but ofc it gets to that point which I hope not. But I am very grateful for that job I had.

The whatsapp picture I don't really understand it. Is it a guarantee they will rehire me or not.
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
Going back to an old job when the new one doesn’t work out is quite common. It does though rely on your previous employer having rated you and wants you back, rather than the reverse

Well comparing myself to my friends aka co-workers I was the best one.

I can call him cos damn it his phone isn't working. So I can only go and meet him Monday.

I feel like that I will get rehired cos in my last day I didn't get any good luck messages and photos to celebrate me being here.

So I feel like fate will bring me back.

Have u read the whatsapp message how likely do you think it is to happen.
Original post by zayn_24
I did leave on good terms they would barely complain about me and me and the hiring manager had quite a good relationship.

The only thing that he will miss out on is 200 pound and I am scared he has already found a replacement for my friend who is leaving soon. I don't mind giving him 200 pound to rehire but ofc it gets to that point which I hope not. But I am very grateful for that job I had.

The whatsapp picture I don't really understand it. Is it a guarantee they will rehire me or not.

The whatsapp picture does tell you they know about your friend leaving, its not a guarantee they will rehire you. So keep this job you currently have and reapply when it comes available again. Your assistant manager is saying yes you can try with the store manager when they are in or try online when the position becomes available.
‘Yes you can try’ seems a bit non committal to me. They’re either a bit casual with the way they write or are going to go through the usual hiring process and you’ll be against other applicants (if there are any).
Reply 11
Original post by zayn_24
Well comparing myself to my friends aka co-workers I was the best one.

I can call him cos damn it his phone isn't working. So I can only go and meet him Monday.

I feel like that I will get rehired cos in my last day I didn't get any good luck messages and photos to celebrate me being here.

So I feel like fate will bring me back.

Have u read the whatsapp message how likely do you think it is to happen.

The tone of the message is that you’ll be treated like any other candidate when a vacancy come up. Nonetheless worth making contact with you old boss to tell them how much you now valued working for them and are keen to come back and start making a difference again. Good luck
Reply 12
So where I work is in a hospital and there’s also a Costa. My hiring manager has got a good relationship with Costa manager. They always look like they need hiring. I can tell him even if you don’t want to hire me yet I can work at Costa temporarily then whenever one becomes available I can go to my old store. Can that work.
Reply 13
Im literally lost.

Its literally the biggest regret of this year 100%
Original post by zayn_24
Im literally lost.

Its literally the biggest regret of this year 100%

You can just wait until you see what happens, stop wondering and go do something else. Your not helping your mind.
Reply 15
You can just wait until you see what happens, stop wondering and go do something else. Your not helping your mind.

Like what.

I hate being patient on something that i need soo badly.

I literally stress so much about it.

Its that in my old job there was a lot more freedom. In my new job i am literally working every second.
Original post by zayn_24
Like what.

I hate being patient on something that i need soo badly.

I literally stress so much about it.

Its that in my old job there was a lot more freedom. In my new job i am literally working every second.

You just need to wait like you said until the end of July or speak with your old manager on Monday.
Why did you leave your first job if it was so amazing, when you say this new job is too hard why is it too hard, have you given enough time to learn what you are meant to do?
Going by the message it isn't giving much away that they will rehire you and instead telling you to just keep a look out for when they are recruiting again and you can apply like anyone else.
Reply 18
Original post by JDSensations
Why did you leave your first job if it was so amazing, when you say this new job is too hard why is it too hard, have you given enough time to learn what you are meant to do?
Going by the message it isn't giving much away that they will rehire you and instead telling you to just keep a look out for when they are recruiting again and you can apply like anyone else.

So I worked at Marks and Spencer.

I experienced minor things such as not getting along with some of my co-workers, no equality etc..

Above all I wasn’t getting the same shift. Mine was always changing. Since last year I have worked 20 different hours considering the fact I was on a 10 hour contract.

Now I work at Pret where I need to be there by 5 so I barely get any sleep. There is no lift so it basically makes the job twice as hard. In my old job I was able to do chill work most of the time but in my new job I am working non stop. There is only 30p difference and it’s not worth ot.

I was ungrateful about my old job but now I adore my old job. I have learnt everything in my new job but I now work in Pret and it’s super crazy in Central. It’s the top 5 most busiest Pret in the UK so that gives everything.

The way I found my old was job was via calling the store and they told me to come and that’s how I got the job.
Reply 19
You just need to wait like you said until the end of July or speak with your old manager on Monday.

I am going to speak to my manager on Monday and I do think I got a chance to work there. Because the Costa there is 24/7 and the Marks and Spencer I think will have at least 5 people leaving this year.

I am just not sure about everything as there is 2 assistant manager and the one I Spoke to isn’t in charge of hiring but the one I spoke to has somewhat information so not rly sure.

I feel like I will return cos whenever something doesn’t feel right. On my last day it just didn’t t feel like my last day and I had a feeling that I will return. Yet I wanna work there. usually whenever I have a feeling that thing happens. I hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending