The Student Room Group

Internship - Audit vs Consulting at the Big Four

I have been given two internship offers and I'm not sure which will give me the best graduate prospects. I want to go into a career in consulting in one of the big four - I'm not completely sure what area of consulting just yet.

1) The first internship is a 6 week internship with a medium sized firm as an investment consultant; managing investment portfolios for various companies' pensions.

2) The second is a 9 week internship with one of the Big Four. However, it is in their Audit and Assurance department.

Would I be better choosing the internship that is more related to consulting as this is the career path I want to go down. Or choosing the Audit internship as then it gives me experience working in one of the Big Four and gain some semi-relevant experience even if it's not consulting.

I am also considering whether companies would value consultancy experience or experience in a major big four company more?
Hi james.
I would imagine that there is no downside to taking an internship at the Big Four, you will acquire financial/business experience regardless of the speciality. If you see yourself pursuing a career at this midsized company why not, but in only 6 weeks I fear your learning experience will be limited. I would choose the big four internship if you are just looking to grow professionally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending