The Student Room Group

Economics at uni

I’m struggling to decide between Loughborough or Southampton as my firm for economics. Does anyone know which uni may be better for the course?
Original post by S2845
I’m struggling to decide between Loughborough or Southampton as my firm for economics. Does anyone know which uni may be better for the course?

Better for you isn't necessarily better for someone else. Have you looked through the modules on each course, particularly the optional modules? Do they both interest you equally?

Did you have the opportunity the attend an open day at both universities? If not, are there and offer-holder days you could attend which might help you decide?
Original post by S2845

Hi @S2845

It's great to hear you're thinking about coming to Loughborough!

I know choosing a uni to go to can be a really tough decision. I think a great place to start would be to have a look at the course page for Economics and scroll down to the 'what you'll study' section. Here you will be able to see the modules you would be studying and see if any stand out to you or interest you in particular. If you scroll down further there is careers information and you can see where students who have done this course have gone on to get placement roles and also graduate roles which may be of interest. Loughborough also have a fantastic careers network that supports you during your time here when you are looking for placements and graduate roles but also for up to 3 years after you've graduated!

I'm currently in my first year at Loughborough and something that helped me to decide which uni to go to was visiting the unis I was considering. It's really important that you choose somewhere where you can see yourself studying and living and being happy as you are going to be at uni for at least 3 years. I've linked information on visiting Loughborough here.

Other than this I would take a look at the extracurricular activities offered by the unis. There may be a specific hobby or sport you may want to continue or pick up at uni. Here are the sports and societies at Loughborough.

It may also be worth taking a look at the accommodation options available at both unis. At Loughborough, if you make Loughborough your firm choice and you register for your accommodation before 27 July, we will guarantee you a room in University accommodation for your first year of study.

I hope this was helpful and if you have any other questions feel free to let us know :smile:

Jess
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest