The Student Room Group

Do I like him? Or is this a weird obsession

So there's this one guy, he's like maybe two years older than me. I would say he's cute. But he doesn't go to my school, He's homeschooled.
Recently he joined the track team. Now during practice all I do is make "goo-goo" eyes at him. But I haven't even made a conversation with him. And he's always with him brother. I'm starting to feel like this is some weird obsession. But I kinda want him to notice me, or at least to get an excuse to start a conversation with him. What is this? And what do I do?
Try and talk to him?
I've done the same, had a weird obsession with them, then talked to them.... and was put right off him.

Goo-goo eyes though sounds slightly horrifying ngl..
Reply 2
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
Try and talk to him?
I've done the same, had a weird obsession with them, then talked to them.... and was put right off him.

Goo-goo eyes though sounds slightly horrifying ngl..

Lol, "Goo-goo eyes" Is a term for like when their around you just look at them or get distracted by them.
Original post by V0ID
Lol, "Goo-goo eyes" Is a term for like when their around you just look at them or get distracted by them.

Yeah i got that :eek:
I've just never heard the phrase before
Reply 4
oof that sucks, I'd try talking to him, but as I said before he's always with his brother, I never see him alone, and I'm afraid he'd laugh at me.But he's literally all I can think about, like when I see him up close I get so like there is no term for how i feel that i can think of
Definitely try to talk to him then.. otherwise you'll just spend ages agonising for no reason
Of course, this depends on how old you/him is
If he's older then he won't laugh (I'd hope)
Worse case scenario you never talk again afterwards... but at least you'll know

Tbf there have been guys in the past i get like this around.... please don't do like me and spectacularly embarrass yourself around them like i seem to always do [shakes head in despair]
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
THE LAST PART WORRIES ME
I forgot to mention I have really bad social anxiety
and he's like maybe two years older than me, I'm in a middle high school
And it makes it worse that the only time i see him is at practice
Do you think it would be bad if I made an excuse to run into him or something?
Original post by V0ID
THE LAST PART WORRIES ME
I forgot to mention I have really bad social anxiety
and he's like maybe two years older than me, I'm in a middle high school
And it makes it worse that the only time i see him is at practice
Do you think it would be bad if I made an excuse to run into him or something?

Dont worry, no one on earth acts like i tend to do, so you won't be able to embarass yourself more than i have done before.
Is middle high school like aged 14ish?
Hopefully if hes around 16 hes slightly mature and can hopefully not act like a complete ****

By run into him do you mean like physically run into him? :biggrin: if not, i'd come up with an excuse to speak to him. Not sure what excuse though
Reply 8
Dont worry, no one on earth acts like i tend to do, so you won't be able to embarass yourself more than i have done before.
Is middle high school like aged 14ish?
Hopefully if hes around 16 hes slightly mature and can hopefully not act like a complete ****

By run into him do you mean like physically run into him? :biggrin: if not, i'd come up with an excuse to speak to him. Not sure what excuse though

Your right about the middle high school, and his age a bit, he is 15, YES I DO MEAN PHYSICALLY RUN INTO HIM, i don't think I have the guts to make a excuse. Cause i can't say that Oh this teacher wanted me to give you this. BECAUSE HE"S HOMESCHOOLED, which is sad
Original post by V0ID
Your right about the middle high school, and his age a bit, he is 15, YES I DO MEAN PHYSICALLY RUN INTO HIM, i don't think I have the guts to make a excuse. Cause i can't say that Oh this teacher wanted me to give you this. BECAUSE HE"S HOMESCHOOLED, which is sad

Maybe strike up a conversation about running?
Please do not run into him, it will look very obvious, make you look blind/like an idiot, and in all likelihood just annoy him.
Reply 10
Maybe strike up a conversation about running?
Please do not run into him, it will look very obvious, make you look blind/like an idiot, and in all likelihood just annoy him.

Well, if I'm on the middle school track team, how do i talk to someone on the high school track team about running? Can you help me with that too?
Original post by V0ID
Well, if I'm on the middle school track team, how do i talk to someone on the high school track team about running? Can you help me with that too?

Yeah tbf i have no idea how you'd come up with something to say... do you see him anywhere else apart from the track? I know hes home schooled but like, any clubs etc? Any mutual friends?
Reply 12
No, I don't I have strict parents that hardly let me do anything the only club i go out to a a church group. I don't believe that we have any mutual friends.
Original post by V0ID
No, I don't I have strict parents that hardly let me do anything the only club i go out to a a church group. I don't believe that we have any mutual friends.

Definitely try to talk to him then.. youve got nothing to lose. Even if its just a smile and a hi im... ive seen you at the track...
Or ask a question about the team, like is it something people are picked to be on? If so, you could ask what to do to be picked for it?
Or just smile at him whenever you see him and he might come for a chat
Reply 14
That's actually, a good idea. But what if he doesn't notice me?
Original post by V0ID
That's actually, a good idea. But what if he doesn't notice me?

I'm sure he will, if you do it enough he will notice.
Reply 16
Ok, I will try, hopefully he is in track next year too! Thank you so much, I will try it today.
Original post by V0ID
Ok, I will try, hopefully he is in track next year too! Thank you so much, I will try it today.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 18
Good luck! :smile:

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending