The Student Room Group

University choice

I have been offered admission to study computer science at both Queen Mary University of London and the University of Sheffield, but I am uncertain which to select as my firm choice. I reside near London, hence choosing Sheffield would require me to relocate away from home. Is university of Sheffield worth moving house or should i go Queen Mary?
Queen mary offered me AAA while sheffield offered me AAB
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by pingu893
I have been offered admission to study computer science at both Queen Mary University of London and the University of Sheffield, but I am uncertain which to select as my firm choice. I reside near London, hence choosing Sheffield would require me to relocate away from home. Is university of Sheffield worth moving house or should i go Queen Mary?
Queen mary offered me AAA while sheffield offered me AAB

Have you checked the course content at both universities (i.e. compulsory modules, and the modules you can choose from)? Do both courses seem a good fit for your interests? Do you have a preference for staying reasonably close to where you currently live? Are you happy with the AAA offer from Queen Mary - is it achievable? If the answers to all these questions is "Yes", then Queen Mary sounds like it might be the better option for you.
QMUL is in Bethnal Green - not the greatest or safest of areas.
Sheffield is a great Uni and going to Unis a great way to leave home in a supported way......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending