The Student Room Group

havent done any revision over the easter for a levels

i rlly would appreciate some advice im doing maths bio chem and i need a BBB minimum. its so pathetic but i feel like a faliure already
Hello! We’ve all done it! Here’s the first thing - do NOT beat yourself up about this. This will not help the situation, it’ll only make you feel negative. So, what to do? Well, how do you revise currently? Is this the way that’s best for you? When I was an A-level student I found that making big colourful mind maps was the only way I could convince myself to revise (at least colouring in was fun). I’d suggest taking a “what type of learner are you?” Quiz and try out a couple of new revision styles. My other piece of advice is - decide how much time you want to spend revising each day and DO NOT lie to yourself about this. We all do it, say to ourselves “I’m going to spend 5 hours today revising X” then we’re too scared to start and cut 5 hours later where we’ve done nothing but watch YouTube (maybe consider removing all distractions too). Instead, tell yourself, I’m going to do half an hour of X today. This way, you might start getting into the flow and do more than half an hour of study per day and you’ll feel happy because over achieved your own expectations. The biggest thing too, if you’re not in the mood, do not study. It’s better to do an hour of focused, happy and well thought through study than 5 hours of nothing! Now, you got this, take that learning quiz and get back on the horse!

Quick Reply

Latest