The Student Room Group

Feeling lost after 6 months abroad

Hey guys,
I've recently just arrived a month ago from a 6 month working holiday trip from Australia and although it's great to see parents and family members again, i'm already reminded of why i dislike the UK. It's not the country itself but the environment. For instance, bad weather, negative vibes and people (not all) and loneliness. Everything is so boring. I literally only have 1 friend and she lives in the midlands. So for the most part i'm usually at home. I feel lonely and lost. I've been job searching and haven't gotten anything yet, although i'm waiting for some responses as they promised to update me.

Only reason why i couldn't stay longer was because i couldn't secure a paid job out there despite several interviews. Otherwise, i would've stayed for longer.

My parents, mainly my mum is the closest person i have and we hang out/go out together, but she's been busy with her sisters recently and i love that for her and them. However, i do feel out of place sometimes. I'm an only child and the only girl in my family so every family gathering all my boy cousins play video games and i'm constantly left out. This was one of the reasons why i left for Australia to get away from my environment/reality here. I have nobody else to count on or be comfortable around.
I have family friends in aus who i've hung out with and enjoyed (especially because we're similar age and all girls) so we had more in common. Although the grass wasn't greener. There were definitely harsh realities and conflict presented to me during my trip which made me appreciate home, but i still preferred it as my social life actually existed compared to here. I just felt happier and mentally free, i built my confidence.
I love my family but i feel out of place and unhappy. Certain members i communicate with i feel on edge because some are very judgemental and rude and i think misogynistic. I'm just fed up and know its never going to change.
Now I just feel confused about how to react or what i should do?
boring because you have no friends to do anything outside and so you stay at home? or boring because you have tried but just found it boring?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending