The Student Room Group

I’m considering rebound hookups but idk if it’s a great idea

Broke up with my bf two months ago after a 6 year relationship. I’m feeling lost and I’m wanting to move on some how. I have a high sex drive and I’m craving sexual intimacy, I just don’t know if it’s the right idea. Not just because I might feel rubbish after, but bc this breakup is not a normal breakup. We separated because I have depression and was struggling to show up in the relationship, and he says he considers getting back together once I’m in a better place to heal. I don’t know if this relationship is good for me to come back to though even though I love and care for him, but I’d still feel guilty and as if I’m disrespecting him if I was to hookup- as to him it’s more of a perpetual break.
Original post by Anonymous
Broke up with my bf two months ago after a 6 year relationship. I’m feeling lost and I’m wanting to move on some how. I have a high sex drive and I’m craving sexual intimacy, I just don’t know if it’s the right idea. Not just because I might feel rubbish after, but bc this breakup is not a normal breakup. We separated because I have depression and was struggling to show up in the relationship, and he says he considers getting back together once I’m in a better place to heal. I don’t know if this relationship is good for me to come back to though even though I love and care for him, but I’d still feel guilty and as if I’m disrespecting him if I was to hookup- as to him it’s more of a perpetual break.

I honestly think you should take some time to yourself, don't fill the void with distractions like another guy. Fill it with distractions like exercise, reading a book, finding a new hobby etc. Maybe start therapy, I know it's not easily accessible to everyone as it's not cheap but may help you. Sounds like you need to sort out your mental health before hoping into another fling or getting back into a relationship with your ex. Please don't hurt his feelings by sleeping with someone else when he seems to think of this as a break and not a break up.
honestly it sounds like you need to take some time for yourself! be on your own for a bit, hang out with friends and try to heal.

Reply 3

Understandable that you're feeling that way but I agree with the other opinions that it's most likely better to not rush into anything, even if it's casual.

Take some time to process everything on your own, and then whatever happens organically with meeting a new guy and trying a casual thing or whatever you're comfortable, I think you'll feel better about yourself if it plays out that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending