The Student Room Group

Ucas extra help

I want to add apply for computer science through ucas extra. I want to study at uclan, I have no work experience and haven’t written a personal statement yet but have emailed about this (not received response yet).
If they say they have places for this degree, do I click withdraw application on the ucas website (my portal) and how do I add a ucas extra place?
Also do I decline all my offers before uclan accept me?
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
I want to add apply for computer science through ucas extra. I want to study at uclan, I have no work experience and haven’t written a personal statement yet but have emailed about this (not received response yet).
If they say they have places for this degree, do I click withdraw application on the ucas website (my portal) and how do I add a ucas extra place?
Also do I decline all my offers before uclan accept me?

It might be best to call UCLAN to see if they're still accepting applications for Computer Science, rather than waiting until they reply to your e-mail. I assume you've checked UCAS Search, and it shows the course as still be available?

In order to apply via UCAS Extra, you can't have any offers or pending decisions. So you would need to decline any offers you've received and withdraw any pending applications. That's why you can't see any option to apply via UCAS Extra right now. This is obviously risky, as UCLAN might not make you an offer - leaving you with nothing. At that point you'd need to apply elsewhere via UCAS Extra.

In terms of your Personal Statement, you don't get the opportunity to change the one you submitted to UCAS. Your best bet would to to contact UCLAN, explain that you've changed your mind about the course you want to study, and ask if they'll accept an alternative Personal Statement directly.

Do make sure you really want to go this path before declining any offers or withdrawing and pending applications. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending