The Student Room Group

University of Toronto

Hi!
I have recently been accepted to the University of Toronto for an honours degree in life sciences.

I'm very grateful for the offer, but I'm not very familiar with education in Canada and wanted to know if this degree will give me enough opportunities in the future?

I'm very passionate about research, is the university supportive in this area? Also, will I be able to find sufficient job opportunities and further education when I graduate?

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!
Reply 1
Hi! Uni of Toronto is ranked the best in Canada (and has been for years) and 16th best in the whole world right now. It’s a really good university and is respected globally. If you do well in your degree, you will have good prospects undoubtedly.

It depends on what other unis you have offers from right now though, and whether the tuition costs are within your budget. I don’t know if you’ve applied for financial aid or want to (don’t know ur situation) but if the financial side isn’t too much of a worry then I think it’s a great place to go. Do bare in mind that there are a lot of scholarships available for international students - some kids even make profit from going to uni and they have scholarships for literally everything. But that has to be applied for asap.

I have many friends and cousins who’ve gone there/study there currently who love it. If a university is ranked the best in its country consistently, it’s going to be well known and respected globally. Toronto is the Harvard/Oxford of Canada. If you think you’ll like the big city, and can handle the cold winters, it’s a great place to consider. They’re also super flexible with modules and summer terms. You can choose to do as many credits as you want over as long a time period as you want. You can chose to do your summer term from April to June, June to august or both if you want to build up credit. Getting internships and summer jobs in Toronto is also really easy, and it’s a perfect place for networking. The university also have great pastoral care and academic support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending