The Student Room Group

RS revision

HELP what is the best way to revise and write questions for RS. For the first two mocks I didn't pass RS at all, and for the last mocks I got a 6, despite have grade 8s and 9s in every other subject. I'm not sure whether I just have a bad teacher or something, but I really need to improve my grade. Does anyone have any tips on how to get a grade 8/9?
Original post by ariekeam
HELP what is the best way to revise and write questions for RS. For the first two mocks I didn't pass RS at all, and for the last mocks I got a 6, despite have grade 8s and 9s in every other subject. I'm not sure whether I just have a bad teacher or something, but I really need to improve my grade. Does anyone have any tips on how to get a grade 8/9?

Hey! I got a 9 in GCSE RS back in year 10 (I'm in year 13 now)
I made revision booklets for each topic and flashcards (these were really helpful for short answer questions), my 2 religions were Christianity and Islam - I mainly focused on relating quotes to themes (because quotes are basically essential) which I focused my essays around.
Also, complete essay plans - if you make any and wanna send me them I'll be more than happy to give you advice (I'd send you my old stuff but all my GCSE stuff got given away)
Best of luck, if you've got any questions ask me :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by joonigigi
Hey! I got a 9 in GCSE RS back in year 10 (I'm in year 13 now)
I made revision booklets for each topic and flashcards (these were really helpful for short answer questions), my 2 religions were Christianity and Islam - I mainly focused on relating quotes to themes (because quotes are basically essential) which I focused my essays around.
Also, complete essay plans - if you make any and wanna send me them I'll be more than happy to give you advice (I'd send you my old stuff but all my GCSE stuff got given away)
Best of luck, if you've got any questions ask me :smile:

Thank you so much for responding!
I'll be sure to make some essay plans, that's actually such a good idea, I should've thought of that ages ago.

For the plans, would you make them on each topic? for example 'Different Christian beliefs about creation' (a topic from the book I have). And for each plan, you would add the quotes and link them to the topic like you said? so something like "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth", and other quotes too ofc.

Also did you do this for both paper 1 and paper 2? (sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions!!! I just really want to get a 9)
Original post by ariekeam
Thank you so much for responding!
I'll be sure to make some essay plans, that's actually such a good idea, I should've thought of that ages ago.

For the plans, would you make them on each topic? for example 'Different Christian beliefs about creation' (a topic from the book I have). And for each plan, you would add the quotes and link them to the topic like you said? so something like "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth", and other quotes too ofc.

Also did you do this for both paper 1 and paper 2? (sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions!!! I just really want to get a 9)

No problem, like I said feel free to ask anything!
I did quick plans for both papers on the topics (I had a revision booklet but you can basically just look at the spec and make plans based on what they asked) I did the same for paper 2
My school told us to use the PEEL structure on a basic level
So you'd have a point about the question, then evidence which could be like a quote, then explain the quote and then link it to the religious beliefs/the question. In my plans I wrote the PEEL in bullet point form
I enjoyed paper 2 more because you could use a wider range of quotes if you were able to link them, "an eye for an eye" was my favourite quote for crime and punishment because you could use it basically all the time - try find quotes that are easy to remember and applicable to lots of things
Hope this helps :smile:)
Reply 4
Original post by joonigigi
No problem, like I said feel free to ask anything!
I did quick plans for both papers on the topics (I had a revision booklet but you can basically just look at the spec and make plans based on what they asked) I did the same for paper 2
My school told us to use the PEEL structure on a basic level
So you'd have a point about the question, then evidence which could be like a quote, then explain the quote and then link it to the religious beliefs/the question. In my plans I wrote the PEEL in bullet point form
I enjoyed paper 2 more because you could use a wider range of quotes if you were able to link them, "an eye for an eye" was my favourite quote for crime and punishment because you could use it basically all the time - try find quotes that are easy to remember and applicable to lots of things
Hope this helps :smile:)

Thank you so much again! I'm definitely showing this to all my friends because we're all struggling with RS atm. I feel like I'll definitely get a higher grade knowing what to do now. Paper 2 is definitely my fav too, I swear I used "an eye for an eye" in every 12 marker haha!

Once I make some essay plans I'll respond here, if you cant reply to them that's completely okay btw (I'm literally a stranger so you don't owe me anything!)

Thanks again!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest