The Student Room Group

No Water for a three days and they aren't trying to fix it sooner.

So, there was maintenance work on the water in our uni accommodation, we got told about it and that we would have no water from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday and Monday. This is fine as that isn't going to kill us and they were working on fixing it. This then ran over the time and they said. At this point they were still trying to fix it, again annoying but fine, they are still fixing the problem. Then they got every flat done but mine. Saturday we told accommodation about the problem, someone came and checked the taps that weren't working, then said that they could give keys to other rooms but they didn't have enough for the whole flat, so said they would get back to us. They also said that the water won't be fixed until Monday because that is when the workers are back. It is now Sunday and they haven't gotten back to us. So they are going to leave us without water for roughly 3 days. Is there anything I can do to try and get them to fix it sooner?

I would like to update you that the water got fixed on the Monday they said.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonnmouse
So, there was maintenance work on the water in our uni accommodation, we got told about it and that we would have no water from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday and Monday. This is fine as that isn't going to kill us and they were working on fixing it. This then ran over the time and they said. At this point they were still trying to fix it, again annoying but fine, they are still fixing the problem. Then they got every flat done but mine. Saturday we told accommodation about the problem, someone came and checked the taps that weren't working, then said that they could give keys to other rooms but they didn't have enough for the whole flat, so said they would get back to us. They also said that the water won't be fixed until Monday because that is when the workers are back. It is now Sunday and they haven't gotten back to us. So they are going to leave us without water for roughly 3 days. Is there anything I can do to try and get them to fix it sooner?

Hi there,
Accommodations will have their own policies for escalating when it comes to issues like these but I would suggest getting back in touch with them again to chase the situation. If they can't provide another room within the accommodation then they may be able to source accommodation elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending