These are my GCSEs:
8 - Computer Science
7 - Maths
7 - English Language
6 - English Literature
66 - Combined Science
6 - History
4 - DT

Let's say I get A*A*AA predicted in Maths, comp sci, FM & Physics (in order), do good on the interview and TMUA, and have a good PS, will my GCSEs hold me down at all, or will I just get rejected straight away.

I do kinda have extenuating circumstances for them, but don't think it's an official excuse. More context (receive free school meals and parents don't have uni degree).

Applying for Comp Sci 2024 entry btw.
Original post by Anonymous
These are my GCSEs:
8 - Computer Science
7 - Maths
7 - English Language
6 - English Literature
66 - Combined Science
6 - History
4 - DT

Let's say I get A*A*AA predicted in Maths, comp sci, FM & Physics (in order), do good on the interview and TMUA, and have a good PS, will my GCSEs hold me down at all, or will I just get rejected straight away.

I do kinda have extenuating circumstances for them, but don't think it's an official excuse. More context (receive free school meals and parents don't have uni degree).

Applying for Comp Sci 2024 entry btw.

It mostly depends on the university you are applying to. For Cambridge they usually only look at GCSE grades as a guideline for how well you work and what you can achieve compared to other universities that require certain grades in certain GCSE subjects. Even if this wasn't the case, the only GCSE subjects that universities usually look at are Maths, English and the subject you are applying for (if it was available to you at GCSE) so you'd be find even if they did look. Most universities care far more about you predicted grades for your A level subjects anyway, and if you have extenuating circumstances then this becomes even less of an issue since universities have to take these into account. If your really worried about it then you can look at the more detailed website page telling you about all the possible qualifications needed for courses or even e-mail the university's help team to get a 100% answer.
Wishing you the best x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending