The Student Room Group

Is a film and tv a level good enough for university?

I am currently taking history politics and geography but as someone who hopes to work in perhaps marketing/advertsing/museum work and I worry I have taken the wrong options.
I am really not getting on with geography. My teachers are not amazing and its alot more 'sciency' than I thought it would be. But before anything is said about how its such a easy a level. I didn't do it for gcse. So I am missing the baseline knowlege I need, as everyone else in my class has done it for gcse so are ahead of me. I think I could catch up but Im just not getting along well with it.
I want to change to film and tv-art and design as that is where I really excel and enjoy it but I worry it won't be as valued as perhaps a more academic a level. I have been told multiple times that I can always pick it up later in life and do a art foundation then but this is what I love and enjoy. And its more digital than a art foundation would be.
I want to do a history or politics degree so I think it fits pretty well. But I have a week to decide and Im panicking.
Original post by maybe_nell
I am currently taking history politics and geography but as someone who hopes to work in perhaps marketing/advertsing/museum work and I worry I have taken the wrong options.
I am really not getting on with geography. My teachers are not amazing and its alot more 'sciency' than I thought it would be. But before anything is said about how its such a easy a level. I didn't do it for gcse. So I am missing the baseline knowlege I need, as everyone else in my class has done it for gcse so are ahead of me. I think I could catch up but Im just not getting along well with it.
I want to change to film and tv-art and design as that is where I really excel and enjoy it but I worry it won't be as valued as perhaps a more academic a level. I have been told multiple times that I can always pick it up later in life and do a art foundation then but this is what I love and enjoy. And its more digital than a art foundation would be.
I want to do a history or politics degree so I think it fits pretty well. But I have a week to decide and Im panicking.

Do it! It sounds like it could be a great experience, and the vast majority of universities will not hold it against you for picking it. It's better to get an A in this than a C in Geography. Which unis are you tentatively thinking of applying to, and have you checked their entry requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by vapordave
Do it! It sounds like it could be a great experience, and the vast majority of universities will not hold it against you for picking it. It's better to get an A in this than a C in Geography. Which unis are you tentatively thinking of applying to, and have you checked their entry requirements?

Thankyou thats good to know. So thankyou for responding! I am mainly interested in unis down south, specifically Bournmouth as the history degree I am looking at there has a very media based approach to history. But I am open to any unis really that have a good modern history focused course. And the entry requirments seem reasonable.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest