The Student Room Group

A level business, should I pick if it I plan on starting a business later on?

Hello, I've just started doing my A (Math, physics and IT), I was wondering if I should additionally take A level Business or leave it be (Or maybe even change out a subject for business).

I've been considering starting up a business later down the line in some IT field possibly, not too sure yet though, any idea if A level business would serve as an aid to me?

I've heard that GCSE business is meh and that it's not too great, as it's some basic stuff that doesn't really help u to start a business? (Could be wrong here though).

Thought of asking this now as it's still early and there's still time to make any chances if necessary.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Only the ICAEW ACA-CTA, ATT-CTA and ACCA professional accountancy qualifications will help you start a business. 🙂
Studying business doesn't really help you to do a business. The most successful businessmen didn't even study business. You don't need to change your subjects.
Reply 4
All university professors are rich businessmen? No those guys are hold the nesssary knowledge but courage to implement is not there
Reply 5
Original post by NazifaNawer
Studying business doesn't really help you to do a business. The most successful businessmen didn't even study business. You don't need to change your subjects.

Thank you! I forgot to look back here and saw 4 replies. I didn't change my options in the end.
Original post by Kyeee.T

Thank you! I forgot to look back here and saw 4 replies. I didn't change my options in the end.

That was a wise decision. Good luck and I hope you become a successful business man in the future!

Quick Reply

Latest