The Student Room Group

HND

Hi, I am looking at doing a HND and then a BA top up after.
I already have two years of previous study, but am looking to get an extra year due to compelling personal reasons.

How would funding work for this? because it is a two year course and then a one year course so would it be the normal (length of course +1 year) - years already used (assuming 1 year used in these examples)

so (2+1)-1 = 2years for the HND and then (1+1)-3 = -1 years left for the BA?

This seems unfair as if i was going to do a BA in one go I'd be able to get (3+1)-1 = 3 years funding?
Original post by Amy.sweetpea
Hi, I am looking at doing a HND and then a BA top up after.
I already have two years of previous study, but am looking to get an extra year due to compelling personal reasons.

How would funding work for this? because it is a two year course and then a one year course so would it be the normal (length of course +1 year) - years already used (assuming 1 year used in these examples)

so (2+1)-1 = 2years for the HND and then (1+1)-3 = -1 years left for the BA?

This seems unfair as if i was going to do a BA in one go I'd be able to get (3+1)-1 = 3 years funding?

Hi there, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, The standard way we calculate funding is as follows:
- Students are entitled to funding for their course duration.
- We then award students an additional year of funding, should they need to repeat or change their course.
- We then take any previous study into consideration and this then gives a student their entitlement available for their course.
If there were mitigating circumstances as to why you didn't complete your previous course then you can apply for what is called Compelling Personal Reasons.
More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Thanks, Karen

Hi this doesn’t answer my question in how you get less funding doing a HND and then a BA top up?

Is the funding allocation for a BA top up 1 year plus one extra year? Because anyone that’s already done a HND won’t get that funded?
Original post by Amy.sweetpea
Hi this doesn’t answer my question in how you get less funding doing a HND and then a BA top up?

Is the funding allocation for a BA top up 1 year plus one extra year? Because anyone that’s already done a HND won’t get that funded?

I would advise to contact the team via live Chat on your account and they can look into your funding eligibility. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending