The Student Room Group

Leaving masters

I have decided I want to leave my masters course as it’s just not for me. Today I received my final loan payment. If I withdraw in the next few days will I have to pay this back?
@SEnglishj
I would speak to both the Student Loan Company and Student Services at your University.

SLC number is 0300 100 0611 I believe open till 6:00

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Original post by SEnglishj
I have decided I want to leave my masters course as it’s just not for me. Today I received my final loan payment. If I withdraw in the next few days will I have to pay this back?

Hi there, If you have withdrawn from your course your university will be required to notify us of this. I would advise to speak with them and request this to be sent as soon as possible for the team to review. Once this has been processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you were entitled to receive for the time spent on your course. If you have been overpaid the team will be in contact with you to confirm how to repay this. Thanks, Karen
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, If you have withdrawn from your course your university will be required to notify us of this. I would advise to speak with them and request this to be sent as soon as possible for the team to review. Once this has been processed the team will be in contact with you to confirm the funding you were entitled to receive for the time spent on your course. If you have been overpaid the team will be in contact with you to confirm how to repay this. Thanks, Karen

Hi there thank you for your response! I have not yet withdrawn. I have read on other threads and I have seen SFE reps say that if you withdraw after a payment then this will not need to returned immediately. Can you confirm if this is true please?
Original post by SEnglishj
Hi there thank you for your response! I have not yet withdrawn. I have read on other threads and I have seen SFE reps say that if you withdraw after a payment then this will not need to returned immediately. Can you confirm if this is true please?

We are unable to confirm this until the withdrawal notification has been received and processed by the team. I would advise to speak with your university and request this to be sent as soon as possible and once it has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending