The Student Room Group

Can I apply a different master if I previously have failed a master course?

Can I apply a different master course if I previously have failed a master course? Long story short, i wasn't totally prepared in my first master course and i was suffered from episodes of depression. Now I am in a better state and would like to do master again. Will that be a problem? Can I still apply like any other undergrad students? I still have my bachelor 2:1.
Reply 1
Original post by uglyhermit123
Can I apply a different master course if I previously have failed a master course? Long story short, i wasn't totally prepared in my first master course and i was suffered from episodes of depression. Now I am in a better state and would like to do master again. Will that be a problem? Can I still apply like any other undergrad students? I still have my bachelor 2:1.

Should be fine if you meet the requirements - you probably won't need to even mention your failed masters in your application
Original post by Pedr0
Should be fine if you meet the requirements - you probably won't need to even mention your failed masters in your application

Thanks. can it be an issue if they find out?
It depends on the wording of the application form.

If they are asking for a list of completed qualifications only, no, you don't have to mention it. If they want a complete education history, they would be more concerned that you'd omitted it than you had a false start.

Is it going to leave a big gap in dates on your CV?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending