The Student Room Group

Being an introverted flatmate

*(I'm not in uni but completing a teaching assistant programme abroad)*

I live with three other girls who are all from a different country and very extroverted. We have been sharing a flat for 6 months and it's almost coming to an end, but it hasn't been an easy experience. I am an introvert and find it difficult to say no when they invite me to hang out, but I also don't have any desire to as we don't have much in common and haven't enjoyed previous "hang outs" with them. At the same time I also feel rude for making excuses, and I think they probably view me as being rude or a loner. At the start I did make more of an effort with them but as time went on, I realised that they're just not my type of people.

Has anyone else ever had this issue??
Original post by Anonymous
*(I'm not in uni but completing a teaching assistant programme abroad)*

I live with three other girls who are all from a different country and very extroverted. We have been sharing a flat for 6 months and it's almost coming to an end, but it hasn't been an easy experience. I am an introvert and find it difficult to say no when they invite me to hang out, but I also don't have any desire to as we don't have much in common and haven't enjoyed previous "hang outs" with them. At the same time I also feel rude for making excuses, and I think they probably view me as being rude or a loner. At the start I did make more of an effort with them but as time went on, I realised that they're just not my type of people.

Has anyone else ever had this issue??

Hi there

ever think about explaining how you feel and think to them.
you can tell them that you are an introvert. In that regard, you prefer time at home, alone over going out.
If they are good persons they will understand. But, if you do consider them as your friends, comprises will have to be decided. From both parts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending