The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Rutland 31 week contract

Hey all, I've noticed that unlike a lot of the other accommodations, Rutland is listed as having a 31-week contract as opposed to 39-week contracts like other accommodations. I was wondering if people who have lived in Rutland Hall past and present have found moving everything out at Christmas and Easter to be much of a problem or pain? I like the other things I've seen about the hall, but the idea of moving everything out over the holidays is kind of dissuading me. Any thoughts?
Original post by NathanSB
Hey all, I've noticed that unlike a lot of the other accommodations, Rutland is listed as having a 31-week contract as opposed to 39-week contracts like other accommodations. I was wondering if people who have lived in Rutland Hall past and present have found moving everything out at Christmas and Easter to be much of a problem or pain? I like the other things I've seen about the hall, but the idea of moving everything out over the holidays is kind of dissuading me. Any thoughts?

I haven’t started uni yet but very put off by HAVING to move out at Christmas and Easter - I will probably go home during those holidays but I don’t want to have to lug my stuff back and forth all the time!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
It's not much of a problem. It depends how much you pack? Like if you can fit everything in two large suitcases it isn't that bad, but if you end up turning your room into a jungle or bring a TV with you then it may become cumbersome.
i thought most accoms had 44 week contracts?
Original post by Anonymous
i thought most accoms had 44 week contracts?

Most of the Uni catered are 39 wks which includes Easter/Christmas, the 34 weeks like Rutland don’t include those holidays. I think the 44 week might be self catered joint Uni/unite etc type accom.
Original post by Anonymous
Most of the Uni catered are 39 wks which includes Easter/Christmas, the 34 weeks like Rutland don’t include those holidays. I think the 44 week might be self catered joint Uni/unite etc type accom.

31 weeks even 🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending