The Student Room Group

Help with AQA Maths, Biology and Chemsitry!!!

My exams are in June.

I've created ANKI flashcards for the sciences.
They are thorough and I can cover them all before May 15th.
I haven't covered all the topics though. The issue with the flashcards is that it's unrealistic to cover them more than once as time is short.

So my plan is to cover them once and do a sh*t load of practice questions from my CGP textbooks, Excerise book, hodder Excercise book and for Chemistry the jim Clark book,
from 15th May.I will do all the past papers too.

My question is that is it too late? I'm a fast learner and it's not that I've left it to the last minute it's just I'm not a very organised person.

I'm worried that I'm neglecting maths but imo doing practice questions is sufficient.

Also I hear grade boundaries will be lower this year and why is the biology grade boundary so low, what's the catch?
Last thing, is doing ISA and EMPA papers good to practice practical skills? If not how do I tackle these questions?

Thanks
Reply 1
Help
Reply 2
HelHelp
Reply 3
Hello
Reply 4
splease help
Original post by Mad Man
splease help

I'm curious, how much revision have you accomplished during the time you've been bumping this thread?
Original post by Mad Man
My exams are in June.

I've created ANKI flashcards for the sciences.
They are thorough and I can cover them all before May 15th.
I haven't covered all the topics though. The issue with the flashcards is that it's unrealistic to cover them more than once as time is short.

So my plan is to cover them once and do a sh*t load of practice questions from my CGP textbooks, Excerise book, hodder Excercise book and for Chemistry the jim Clark book,
from 15th May.I will do all the past papers too.

My question is that is it too late? I'm a fast learner and it's not that I've left it to the last minute it's just I'm not a very organised person.

I'm worried that I'm neglecting maths but imo doing practice questions is sufficient.

Also I hear grade boundaries will be lower this year and why is the biology grade boundary so low, what's the catch?
Last thing, is doing ISA and EMPA papers good to practice practical skills? If not how do I tackle these questions?

Thanks

I’d say flashcards for a while, then do a bunch of past papers or revision questions
maths you can also do past paper questions , practice for that is always helpful
mainly , I would just do past paper questions and work from there and find out what I need to revise. Flashcards can always be done on the side
good luck !
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
I'm curious, how much revision have you accomplished during the time you've been bumping this thread?

A decent amount. I could've done more tbh but I have questions.
Reply 8
Original post by F.Frappucino
I’d say flashcards for a while, then do a bunch of past papers or revision questions
maths you can also do past paper questions , practice for that is always helpful
mainly , I would just do past paper questions and work from there and find out what I need to revise. Flashcards can always be done on the side
good luck !

Thanks. What about practical questions?
Original post by Mad Man
Thanks. What about practical questions?

Do as many as you can from now
Original post by Mad Man
A decent amount. I could've done more tbh but I have questions.

Alright, that’s a start. :smile:

As a previous chemistry A-Level student and current chemistry university student, I can say that the subject is mostly practical with less emphasis on memorization. It's important to attempt numerous past paper questions to grasp the method and gain confidence for similar questions in the future. Don't simply memorize the mark scheme.

The practice questions in the CGP books test the bare minimum knowledge. In my opinion, they are hardly challenging. Focus on past paper questions, because the format of those will largely resemble the questions you will get in your actual exam.

It’s not unrealistic to hope to cover your flash cards multiple times. I presume you are only covering the flashcards which you have little or no knowledge of, rather than including the ones you are confident with?
Reply 11
Original post by 5hyl33n
Alright, that’s a start. :smile:

As a previous chemistry A-Level student and current chemistry university student, I can say that the subject is mostly practical with less emphasis on memorization. It's important to attempt numerous past paper questions to grasp the method and gain confidence for similar questions in the future. Don't simply memorize the mark scheme.

The practice questions in the CGP books test the bare minimum knowledge. In my opinion, they are hardly challenging. Focus on past paper questions, because the format of those will largely resemble the questions you will get in your actual exam.

It’s not unrealistic to hope to cover your flash cards multiple times. I presume you are only covering the flashcards which you have little or no knowledge of, rather than including the ones you are confident with?

Yeah I'm focusing on the weaker flashcards now. The good thing about the first repetition is that I can identify my weaknesses. But my irrational side kicks in and I get anxiety over forgetting the ones I know.

I know that I should do practical questions but will jt inly include the required practicals?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending