The Student Room Group

Studying A levels sciences

Anyone studying A level biology and chemistry how are you finding the A levels. Is it a big jump from GCSE what grade did you get? Im predicted to achieve a 6-6 in science and a 4 possibly a 5 in maths how likely is it that I would achieve an A*
Reply 1
Original post by suzy23
Anyone studying A level biology and chemistry how are you finding the A levels. Is it a big jump from GCSE what grade did you get? Im predicted to achieve a 6-6 in science and a 4 possibly a 5 in maths how likely is it that I would achieve an A*

Heya!
The transition from GCSE to A-levels can be challenging, as the depth and complexity of the subjects increase. Achieving an A* in A-level biology and chemistry typically requires a strong grasp of the subjects, consistent effort, and effective study strategies. You will have to work hard! If it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use for bio and chem :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study MInd
Reply 2
Honeslty if you work hard achievable but how did you find the exams
I do Biology Chemsitry and History
I found it quite easy to handle because i was self discplined but i know other people in my class who are struggling with the mocks we are havig right now
Im guessing you want to go into medicine?
Original post by 670351
Honeslty if you work hard achievable but how did you find the exams
I do Biology Chemsitry and History
I found it quite easy to handle because i was self discplined but i know other people in my class who are struggling with the mocks we are havig right now
Im guessing you want to go into medicine?

I would like to do dentistry. I have just finished my GCSEs and I want a 7-7 but that unlikely so probably I will get a 6-6 and maybe a 5 in maths and then do A level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Even tho my GCSE grades are not the best I wanted to know how hard would A levels be. I doubt that I will get an A* because that’s what people with 8s and 9s get but let’s hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest