The Student Room Group

Can I take back my A-Level if my school has pulled me out of it?

My school pulled me out of psychology because i was failing but they did it without me saying yes. I want the opportunity to at least try because i will never know if i never try. if i fail it i know what options i take and i am happy with that but i want to still try to do them. i’m still unsure if they’ve pulled me out because they haven’t given me any information but if they have, can they put me back onto the course?
Original post by __jjamx
My school pulled me out of psychology because i was failing but they did it without me saying yes. I want the opportunity to at least try because i will never know if i never try. if i fail it i know what options i take and i am happy with that but i want to still try to do them. i’m still unsure if they’ve pulled me out because they haven’t given me any information but if they have, can they put me back onto the course?

It's not clear if you mean they have kicked you off the course or if they have withdrawn you from upcoming exams. Either way the best outcome would come form talking to the school and trying to resolve the problems that have led to this situation.

It would be an unusual step for them to take at this point unless there have been ongoing issues but IF your school has withdrawn you from summer 2023 exams then you could enter them as a private candidate IF you can find a centre this late that is willing to enter you and IF you can afford the very high fees that would be charged for such a late entry.

If they have kicked you off the course but your exams are next year, then if you can't change their minds and you want to continue with Psych you could study independently and enter exams as a private candidate.
All you can do is talk to your school - no-one here can fix this for you.
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
It's not clear if you mean they have kicked you off the course or if they have withdrawn you from upcoming exams. Either way the best outcome would come form talking to the school and trying to resolve the problems that have led to this situation.

It would be an unusual step for them to take at this point unless there have been ongoing issues but IF your school has withdrawn you from summer 2023 exams then you could enter them as a private candidate IF you can find a centre this late that is willing to enter you and IF you can afford the very high fees that would be charged for such a late entry.

If they have kicked you off the course but your exams are next year, then if you can't change their minds and you want to continue with Psych you could study independently and enter exams as a private candidate.

i’m in year 13 and they have said they are kicking me off the course but i’m still unsure since they haven’t said anything to me or my parents, but they have taken psychology off my timetable.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
All you can do is talk to your school - no-one here can fix this for you.

i just wanted to know if it is possible to rejoin a course after being kicked off of it before i speak to my teacher, incase they tell me there’s nothing i can do- which will waste my time
Original post by __jjamx
i just wanted to know if it is possible to rejoin a course after being kicked off of it before i speak to my teacher, incase they tell me there’s nothing i can do- which will waste my time

It's up to your school . Speak to the Head of department and see what they say
Original post by __jjamx

It very much looks like your school is more interested in their reputation than a students interest. To withdraw somebody at this stage is only done to make their figures look better as they dont want failures on their records. What you can actually do I dont know but you need to go through the schools complaints procedures and look at bringing the education department into this. Schools should not be putting students futures at risk to make themselves look good.

Quick Reply

Latest