The Student Room Group

I feel like giving up and that I have no future

I have failed all of my essays except one in the first term of 2nd year. It is now the second term, and I feel like I don't belong on my course. I attend all lectures and focus as much as I can and I am revising for two of my exams right now. I have bought a book by the open uni which my auntie recommended as she did the same degree as me. I am also in regular contact with my tutors. I have asked people on the course for help and they have told me to do things which I am already doing such as use the lectures and reading as a baseline. I feel empty as my goals are slipping away and I can't start writing or continue writing without crying. I see the people around me gaining 2:1s which makes me feel more inadequate. The people who I saw as friends, don't speak to me anymore and it is always me who reaches out to chat or catch up for an hour.

I will still continue trying my best on this course and also focus on my wellbeing as i lost myself at the beginning of the year
You could always drop out.
Perhaps your revision technique needs to change? What course are u doing?
Original post by Anonymous
I have failed all of my essays except one in the first term of 2nd year. It is now the second term, and I feel like I don't belong on my course. I attend all lectures and focus as much as I can and I am revising for two of my exams right now. I have bought a book by the open uni which my auntie recommended as she did the same degree as me. I am also in regular contact with my tutors. I have asked people on the course for help and they have told me to do things which I am already doing such as use the lectures and reading as a baseline. I feel empty as my goals are slipping away and I can't start writing or continue writing without crying. I see the people around me gaining 2:1s which makes me feel more inadequate. The people who I saw as friends, don't speak to me anymore and it is always me who reaches out to chat or catch up for an hour.

I will still continue trying my best on this course and also focus on my wellbeing as i lost myself at the beginning of the year

I’d suggest dropping out. It seems that you do not belong on that course as you have an inability to keep up with the rest of your cohort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending