The Student Room Group

My Kings interview went TERRIBLY

I just had my KCL interview for paed nursing and it went terribly I was so nervous. The questions were so unbelievably easy like “why do you want to do nursing” and basic ethics, maths and a task where she put up some pictures with people making facial expressions and I had to describe the emotions WITH THE EMOTIONS LISTED RIGHT NEXT TO THE PHOTOS. But I still 110% flopped😭 I’m so sad because I really did want to go KCL as it’s an amazing university especially for nursing. I’ve got two more interviews coming up with university of Southampton and Middlsex and still waiting for university of Birmingham to see if they’ll offer me one. I knew what I had to say but was crippling with anxiety that I flopped even the basic questions. I guess now it’s just the waiting game to see if I’ll get an offer regardless of my terrible interview.
Reply 1
sorry to hear that you feel like you didn't perform as well as you could have in your KCL interview. It's completely understandable to feel nervous in an interview setting, especially when it's for something as important as your university education. However, it's important to remember that one interview doesn't define your entire future.

It's great that you have other interviews lined up with other universities, so don't give up hope just yet. Take this experience as a learning opportunity and try to identify what made you feel so nervous during the interview. Perhaps practicing your answers to common questions with a friend or family member can help you feel more confident going into your future interviews.

Remember that admission decisions are based on a variety of factors, not just your interview performance. Your academic achievements, personal statement, and other experiences will also be taken into consideration. So, even if you didn't feel like you did well in the interview, there's still a chance you'll receive an offer from KCL or one of the other universities you've applied to.

In the meantime, try to stay positive and keep an open mind about your options. You never know what opportunities may arise in the future, so don't limit yourself to just one university. Keep working towards your goals and stay focused on your passion for nursing. Good luck with your other interviews and the rest of your application process!
feel free to ask more
Original post by 2BMF
sorry to hear that you feel like you didn't perform as well as you could have in your KCL interview. It's completely understandable to feel nervous in an interview setting, especially when it's for something as important as your university education. However, it's important to remember that one interview doesn't define your entire future.

It's great that you have other interviews lined up with other universities, so don't give up hope just yet. Take this experience as a learning opportunity and try to identify what made you feel so nervous during the interview. Perhaps practicing your answers to common questions with a friend or family member can help you feel more confident going into your future interviews.

Remember that admission decisions are based on a variety of factors, not just your interview performance. Your academic achievements, personal statement, and other experiences will also be taken into consideration. So, even if you didn't feel like you did well in the interview, there's still a chance you'll receive an offer from KCL or one of the other universities you've applied to.

In the meantime, try to stay positive and keep an open mind about your options. You never know what opportunities may arise in the future, so don't limit yourself to just one university. Keep working towards your goals and stay focused on your passion for nursing. Good luck with your other interviews and the rest of your application process!
feel free to ask more

Thank you so much!!! I’m definitely going to work on my confidence & how I speak for my upcoming interviews next week. My fingers and toes are crossed hopefully my personal statement & academic history is enough for me to receive an offer!!!! I know understand how the process works & feel a lot better going forward. I just wanted to ask, will I be able to apply again this year through clearing or ucas extra?
Reply 3
You're welcome! It's great to hear that you're feeling better about the application process now.

If you don't receive any offers from the universities you applied to, you may still have the option to apply through Clearing or UCAS Extra. Clearing is a process that starts after A-level results day in August, where universities advertise any remaining places on their courses. UCAS Extra is a service that allows you to apply for additional courses if you have used up all your choices on your original UCAS application and have not received any offers.

It's important to note that not all courses will have vacancies during Clearing or UCAS Extra, and the available places will depend on the demand for each course. However, it's definitely worth considering these options if you don't receive any offers.

Best of luck with your upcoming interviews and applications! Feel free to enagege me
Reply 4
Original post by nicolekimberly
Thank you so much!!! I’m definitely going to work on my confidence & how I speak for my upcoming interviews next week. My fingers and toes are crossed hopefully my personal statement & academic history is enough for me to receive an offer!!!! I know understand how the process works & feel a lot better going forward. I just wanted to ask, will I be able to apply again this year through clearing or ucas extra?

HII!!!! i know this is VERY late but i have just done my nursing interview for kcl and i feel exactly the same way as you did a year ago 😭. Out of curiosity, have you received an offer from kings or any of your other unis and if you have started your course, how do you feel about it so far??? x
Reply 5
Original post by jelkydia
HII!!!! i know this is VERY late but i have just done my nursing interview for kcl and i feel exactly the same way as you did a year ago 😭. Out of curiosity, have you received an offer from kings or any of your other unis and if you have started your course, how do you feel about it so far??? x

when did you get ur interview date if you don’t mind me asking? i applied a while ago and still didn’t get anything
Reply 6
Original post by exsasys
when did you get ur interview date if you don’t mind me asking? i applied a while ago and still didn’t get anything

i applied in mid january and got my interview invitation in late february!
Reply 7
i applied in mid january and got my interview invitation in late february!

ahhhh okay, did you get an offer yet? i applied pretty late february and they’re still processing my application for consideration but i’m worried since it’s an interview based course haha
Reply 8
Original post by exsasys
ahhhh okay, did you get an offer yet? i applied pretty late february and they’re still processing my application for consideration but i’m worried since it’s an interview based course haha

yesss!!! i’ve received an offer yesterday and i was in complete shock because i genuinely thought that i fully flopped their interview!and don’t worry, you’ve got this!!! the interview might seem scary and intimidating at first but the best piece of advice i can give you is to be yourself and show them how passionate you are about the course you want to study!
Reply 9
yesss!!! i’ve received an offer yesterday and i was in complete shock because i genuinely thought that i fully flopped their interview!and don’t worry, you’ve got this!!! the interview might seem scary and intimidating at first but the best piece of advice i can give you is to be yourself and show them how passionate you are about the course you want to study!

thank you so much 😭😭, hopefully they give me an interview soon and i’ll take your advice greatly, i’ll let you know if i get one
Original post by exsasys
thank you so much 😭😭, hopefully they give me an interview soon and i’ll take your advice greatly, i’ll let you know if i get one

yes, please do! GOODLUCK AND I REALLY HOPE THEY GET BACK TO YOU SOON!!!!!

hey I’ve just done an interview but got told I won’t receive the outcome until may or she said early summer? how long did you wait to receive an offer
Original post by lacey.s17
hey I’ve just done an interview but got told I won’t receive the outcome until may or she said early summer? how long did you wait to receive an offer

i’ve received an offer after 2 days!
Reply 13
Original post by lacey.s17

did you receive your offer yet?
Amazing news and congratulations, it's a wonderful uni and I am sure you would have got in your others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending