The Student Room Group

PFF2 Form

Hello,
I have been having some trouble with my maintenance loan application; I have applied for the higher loan (as I have been awarded it for the past 2 years, and have had no change in my financial circumstances), but this year I have only been awarded the regular loan (£4000, instead of £9000).
I called student finance yesterday and was told the issue was that my parents did not submit evidence with their part of the application. And was told to ask my parents to complete a PFF2 form (assessment of financial circumstances for parents and partners of students 23/24).
I was just wondering if this is the correct form to use and if this is the correct course of action for this issue.

I was also asked to upload this digitally to my student finance portal, but my parents need to sign the form in ink (as stated at the end of the form). So would I need to take photos of/ scan the paper copies of the form and then upload them? Or would it be preferable to send the form via post (in which case, I am concerned that it wouldn't arrive on time as the customer service rep told me I only have 10 days to submit this)?

I know this is a lot, sorry and thank you :smile:
Original post by Aduminum
Hello,
I have been having some trouble with my maintenance loan application; I have applied for the higher loan (as I have been awarded it for the past 2 years, and have had no change in my financial circumstances), but this year I have only been awarded the regular loan (£4000, instead of £9000).
I called student finance yesterday and was told the issue was that my parents did not submit evidence with their part of the application. And was told to ask my parents to complete a PFF2 form (assessment of financial circumstances for parents and partners of students 23/24).
I was just wondering if this is the correct form to use and if this is the correct course of action for this issue.

I was also asked to upload this digitally to my student finance portal, but my parents need to sign the form in ink (as stated at the end of the form). So would I need to take photos of/ scan the paper copies of the form and then upload them? Or would it be preferable to send the form via post (in which case, I am concerned that it wouldn't arrive on time as the customer service rep told me I only have 10 days to submit this)?

I know this is a lot, sorry and thank you :smile:

Hi there, they can find the form to complete here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

This doesn't need to be signed and can be uploaded online. You can find out how to upload this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, they can find the form to complete here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137607/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

This doesn't need to be signed and can be uploaded online. You can find out how to upload this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Teb-DaFfDRc

Thanks, Karen

Thank you for your quick reply!
I'm a bit confused because the form says it needs to be signed in ink, and that digital signatures will not be accepted?
If that is not the case, then I will upload it without a signature.

But also, would it be to my benefit to also upload evidence alongside the form, or do I not need to upload anything else?

Sorry about the frequency of questions, I appreciate your time!
Thank you for your quick reply!
I'm a bit confused because the form says it needs to be signed in ink, and that digital signatures will not be accepted?
If that is not the case, then I will upload it without a signature.

But also, would it be to my benefit to also upload evidence alongside the form, or do I not need to upload anything else?

Sorry about the frequency of questions, I appreciate your time!

The form doesn't need to be signed and no additional evidence is required unless this is requested by the team. If anything additional is required the team will be in contact. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
The form doesn't need to be signed and no additional evidence is required unless this is requested by the team. If anything additional is required the team will be in contact. Thanks, Karen

Thank you!
I've just uploaded it. Do you know, roughly, how long it would take for my evidence to be reviewed? Or if I can have confirmation of it being received properly?
Thank you!
I've just uploaded it. Do you know, roughly, how long it would take for my evidence to be reviewed? Or if I can have confirmation of it being received properly?

The current processing timescales for this to be reviewed is around 12 working days. Once this has been processed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending