The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan question for second and last year of course

Hi! Im in the process of applying for my maintenance loan for September, and my mum has been asked again to provide information regarding her income. Do we do the same process as we did last year? (she fills out the pff2 form for 2023-2024, and I fill out the form to ask for a higher amount of Maintenance loan?) She originally got a email but cant access her account. They are asking for a secret answer, when she tries to reset the secret answer it says she isn't able to get one so we want to fill out the PFF2 form again. Is this ok? She has had no changes to her income. Many thanks
Yes you have to provide household income for each year you want finance. This can either be through their online account or by uploading a pff2 form to your account.
Original post by PQ
Yes you have to provide household income for each year you want finance. This can either be through their online account or by uploading a pff2 form to your account.

Hi there,

That's right, we'd recommend that your Mum complete the PFF2 form. Just in case you didn't know, the form doesn't need to be signed, so feel free to upload the form online

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 3
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

That's right, we'd recommend that your Mum complete the PFF2 form. Just in case you didn't know, the form doesn't need to be signed, so feel free to upload the form online

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you so much! That saves us going to the library to print it out, getting her to sign it and then posting it! Makes life a lot easier, thank you for the help!
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

Thank you so much!!
Original post by rwoollard1
Thank you so much!!

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.
Thanks, Graeme

Hi! Just another question as we are having a bit of a worry. Mum submitted her evidence fine, but now it's asking for a sponsor 2? The only parent I have living with me is my mum (I have no contact with my dad). Maybe she clicked a wrong box on the application? Im not sure but this didnt happen last time! Any help would be great
Hi! Im in the process of applying for my maintenance loan for September, and my mum has been asked again to provide information regarding her income. Do we do the same process as we did last year? (she fills out the pff2 form for 2023-2024, and I fill out the form to ask for a higher amount of Maintenance loan?) She originally got a email but cant access her account. They are asking for a secret answer, when she tries to reset the secret answer it says she isn't able to get one so we want to fill out the PFF2 form again. Is this ok? She has had no changes to her income. Many thanks

Hi there, Yes, please have mum complete and return the PFF2 form for the funding to be assessed based on the household income. Thanks, Angela
Reply 8
Hi! Just another question as we are having a bit of a worry. Mum submitted her evidence fine, but now it's asking for a sponsor 2? The only parent I have living with me is my mum (I have no contact with my dad). Maybe she clicked a wrong box on the application? Im not sure but this didnt happen last time! Any help would be great

It's now telling us they are still awaiting my mum's details, it went from no actions to complete to red. We submitted the PFF2 form (we made a mistake where it asked for dependent in higher education for year 2023-2024, but missed the bit were it said not the applicant!) so we corrected it and uploaded it again. Would that of caused this?
Reply 9
It's now telling us they are still awaiting my mum's details, it went from no actions to complete to red. We submitted the PFF2 form (we made a mistake where it asked for dependent in higher education for year 2023-2024, but missed the bit were it said not the applicant!) so we corrected it and uploaded it again. Would that of caused this?

What other details do they need from her? She is only on universal credit and PIP, so they aren't taxed so she didn't put them down as her income. Really confused
What other details do they need from her? She is only on universal credit and PIP, so they aren't taxed so she didn't put them down as her income. Really confused

Hi there, That is correct as we only require taxable income to be declared. When did you upload it? Thanks, Angela
Reply 11
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, That is correct as we only require taxable income to be declared. When did you upload it? Thanks, Angela

A week ago, Im so confused! It is still awaiting her details when we have already provided them. We are just on line with student finance now so hopefully can get some answers!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 12
A week ago, Im so confused! It is still awaiting her details when we have already provided them. We are just on line with student finance now so hopefully can get some answers

We got it sorted! We made a mistake and she filled out person 1, not person 2. It is going to take 5 days to review but happy we got it sorted out! Thank you for the help.
(edited 9 months ago)
We got it sorted! We made a mistake and she filled out person 1, not person 2. It is going to take 5 days to review but happy we got it sorted out! Thank you for the help.

Hi there, That's great news, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending