The Student Room Group

University of Manchester or University of York (History)

Hi guys.
I have received an offer from both Manchester and York for History, but i'm having a really hard time picking between the two. If anyone has any idea as to which may be the better choice please let me know! Thank you.
Original post by JamesJohnson456
Hi guys.
I have received an offer from both Manchester and York for History, but i'm having a really hard time picking between the two. If anyone has any idea as to which may be the better choice please let me know! Thank you.

History courses vary a lot. Which one has the structure and modules that you prefer?
Original post by ageshallnot
History courses vary a lot. Which one has the structure and modules that you prefer?

see that hasn't really helped me choose either, I mean sure they do often vary but only really for the first year, and then theres often a vast choice of modules so there's always ones that interest me at every uni.
see that hasn't really helped me choose either, I mean sure they do often vary but only really for the first year, and then theres often a vast choice of modules so there's always ones that interest me at every uni.

Imagine yourself at each. Go through each year, writing down the compulsory modules, then choosing from the list of current options. Does one stand out?
Hi guys.

Hi,

Congrats on your offers! Making a pros and cons list might be helpful, and might help you see what is most important to you. When I was applying to uni, location was really important to me (how easy it was to travel there and feeling at home). But there are so many other factors to consider e.g. accommodation, funding opportunities, course structure, year abroad options, careers support etc.

Maybe comparing all of these factors will be useful, and will give you a clearer picture of which uni is right for you. Other people's experiences can be really useful, but everyone is unique so your experience will be what you make of it!

Let us know if you have any questions about York - we're happy to help!

Hazel :smile:
Manchester is a big Uni in a big city, York is smaller and cosier - which will suit you best?
Do either offer extras like study abroad, work placements, or units in other subject areas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending