The Student Room Group
I went from an E to a B in maths over 3 months - you’ll be alright. But start now. Like - right now.
Nah it's alright. Last year, I hadn't done any work in my bio AS level, but studied like crazy for a week for my mock. And got t highest grade out of class
Original post by seasaltfresh
can someone please reassure me that i can get my revision done in a month and haven't screwed my whole life up leaving it last minute :smile:))
I need to go from a D to a B in psychology AND get an A in english and a B in soc (but am predicted for those so hopefully)
Any tips or reassurance please :wink:)

Heya!
You will need to make use of your time efficiently and study hard which can be done if you do it asap :h: If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources you can use to help with practising!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL FPE
Study Mind
can someone please reassure me that i can get my revision done in a month and haven't screwed my whole life up leaving it last minute :smile:))
I need to go from a D to a B in psychology AND get an A in english and a B in soc (but am predicted for those so hopefully)

I would say spend 1 week going over the content and then start doing past papers

U genuinely can if u put ur mind to it stay motivated and give it ur all. I’m speaking from past experience, I was in the same situation as u and asked other ppl they told me no but I went from low grades to all A*s in three weeks time. You can do it!!
Reply 6
Original post by medic0817
U genuinely can if u put ur mind to it stay motivated and give it ur all. I’m speaking from past experience, I was in the same situation as u and asked other ppl they told me no but I went from low grades to all A*s in three weeks time. You can do it!!

May I ask what subjects and what revision method you did for each
I'm in a similar situation as I've been getting Us all year for physics but I need at least a B for my uni choice
I’m in the same boat with you for psychology, I’ve already started revision but I’m starting from basically zero
Original post by Znar
May I ask what subjects and what revision method you did for each
I'm in a similar situation as I've been getting Us all year for physics but I need at least a B for my uni choice

Maths, bio and chem. I looked at the specification and made quick notes answering all the spec points. I jumped straight onto exam practice qs after as this is the most efficient way for me, doing practice qs will help u get familiar with the level and style of qs that’ll come up and will make u much more prepared! But saying this everyone has different learning styles so u need to keep trying diff methods out and find ur perfect one. I wish u all the best and hope it goes well!
hey, I’m doing the same subjects scouring student room for some motivation, I have a long way to go but I’m going to make a plan now and just see what I can do. Good luck!
Maths, bio and chem. I looked at the specification and made quick notes answering all the spec points. I jumped straight onto exam practice qs after as this is the most efficient way for me, doing practice qs will help u get familiar with the level and style of qs that’ll come up and will make u much more prepared! But saying this everyone has different learning styles so u need to keep trying diff methods out and find ur perfect one. I wish u all the best and hope it goes well!
Reply 10

how long did it take you to make notes on all the spec and how did you do it
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Znar
how long did it take you to make notes on all the spec and how did you do it

It depends on what board ur with. so for chem my board was edexcel and that spec was soo nicely laid out with numbers and each number is what u need to know clearly laid out so I focussed on doing them. I don’t remember how long it took but I remember I only had a month or two to revise and I managed to get all A*s from very very low grades, so it is very possible u juss need to have discipline and motivation. Good luck!!
It depends on what board ur with. so for chem my board was edexcel and that spec was soo nicely laid out with numbers and each number is what u need to know clearly laid out so I focussed on doing them. I don’t remember how long it took but I remember I only had a month or two to revise and I managed to get all A*s from very very low grades, so it is very possible u juss need to have discipline and motivation. Good luck!!

this gives me a lot of hope as im also starting from a very low grade ;/
do you have the notes so im able to see it? i do ocr a, & im struggling sm to remember the info for module 3 (transport in plants & animals)
Reply 13

so did you make notes on all the content and then practice questions or did you do practice questions after each topic
Original post by iixjessa
this gives me a lot of hope as im also starting from a very low grade ;/
do you have the notes so im able to see it? i do ocr a, & im struggling sm to remember the info for module 3 (transport in plants & animals)

I don’t have the notes with me as I gave them away but I also didn’t do ocr
Original post by Znar
so did you make notes on all the content and then practice questions or did you do practice questions after each topic

I made notes on all content. And then revised one whole topic then did practice questions and then another whole topic and then qs on that and so on and so on and once all is finished I’d do every single past paper possible to get as much practice with papers as possible as that is what is the most efficient method of learning is, in my opinion and what worked for me the most
Reply 16
do you have any revision tips I’m sitting my alevels for business and law in a month

Latest