The Student Room Group

I just left school

Last friday was my last day of school, and now im on study leave. I feel really sad and im going to miss school. I keep telling myself to move on and focus on my a levels, but the transition makes me very sad. I am going to uni and i feel very nervous considering i was quite annoying back at school. Does anyone have a good coping method?
Reply 1
Yup, it can be pretty sad. But moving on is a part of life. I would recommend to gain emotional support from family to make things easier.
Original post by Bigboyyoussef
Last friday was my last day of school, and now im on study leave. I feel really sad and im going to miss school. I keep telling myself to move on and focus on my a levels, but the transition makes me very sad. I am going to uni and i feel very nervous considering i was quite annoying back at school. Does anyone have a good coping method?

We all went through that bro moving on like others said is just part of life remember the good memories you had and don’t let nostalgia hold you back from making new good memories
Reply 3
You will never lose all of the life experiences you have already gone through. Hold onto those experiences, and just deal with today. You cannot afford to stop or let up for a moment, your study leave is just that and the exams will be on you in an instant.

So no melancholy for what has been - get your total wall to wall plan of revision and stick to it like glue. Revise as if your life depended on it, like you are on this earth for the very last moment. Every second, of every minute of every hour of the day needs to be used and used well. Revise, work, eat, sleep revise. Repeat. The head pain stops eventually it is not for a lifetime.

Finally after your last exam you can take your foot off the loud pedal and relax and feel sorry for yourself for the friends you will no doubt leave behind (but never lost if you are determined to keep in touch)

There is an exciting new chapter, bigger, brighter, more exciting on the horizon. Get ready now, work hard and head for the light.
But first .... deal with today so get working, get revising.......just one more fact, one more piece of knowledge.

Be curious in life and see where each day takes you. Its only natural to be anxious or nervous. Everyone is. Throw yourself into every outing, every activity going when you get to Uni. You will be surrounded by many hundreds of other students from all walks of life all worried about settling in and all worried about cooking Spag Bol for the first time. Be ruthless now and make sure you have a structured revision plan or you might not just make it to where you want to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending