The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Pros and cons of university of Liverpool

I’m thinking of applying to university of Liverpool does anyone have any opinions or pros and cons or personal experiences with liverpool. Thanks
Original post by Milliewest2
I’m thinking of applying to university of Liverpool does anyone have any opinions or pros and cons or personal experiences with liverpool. Thanks

Hi there,

So is there anything in particular you would like to know about the University or the city? This would help me give you some more specific insights into studying here :smile:

Personally I have had an amazing experience here in Liverpool! It is a great city to live in, and the University experience has been great too!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

So is there anything in particular you would like to know about the University or the city? This would help me give you some more specific insights into studying here :smile:

Personally I have had an amazing experience here in Liverpool! It is a great city to live in, and the University experience has been great too!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Thanks so much for your reply, I have a few questions if that’s ok. What is the level of sport and coaching in Liverpool (particularly for women’s football and hockey) also how safe if the city as the campus is in the city so weary about safety. Cost of living in Liverpool compared to other places in the uk. Thanks
Original post by Milliewest2
Thanks so much for your reply, I have a few questions if that’s ok. What is the level of sport and coaching in Liverpool (particularly for women’s football and hockey) also how safe if the city as the campus is in the city so weary about safety. Cost of living in Liverpool compared to other places in the uk. Thanks

Hi there,

There is an elite athetes program aviaoible at the University of Liverpool, so if you are at (or near) to that level you could take advantage. I'm not sure of the specific standard of the football or hockey teams, but you could look at the BUCS league to give you an idea? (https://bucscore.bucs.org.uk/BUCSPoints.aspx) e.g. UoL are 27/100th in W. Football.

So Liverpool is generally a very safe city, like any UK city there are small risks and dangers, however, the city centre and campus are very safe. Me, or any of my friends have never experienced any issues with crime. In addition, there are dedicated University security who patrol the campus 24/7 (and can be contacted 24/7 too) and there is extensive CCTV coverage throughout the campus. Finally, the cost of living in Liverpool is one of the lowest in the UK as accommodation costs are lower than many cities in the Midlands and South.

I hope this is helpful :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending