The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea Asessment

I have most likely going to accept Swansea university as my #1 form choice. I am also keen to know what the assessment is in that university. Is it mainly coursework and continuous assessment, or just examinations?
Hi @Shane Flanagan - great to hear that Swansea is your likely Firm choice...we're looking forward to you joining us soon.

Assessment methods will vary by degree course, and each module in each year of study will have specific assessment methods - you can click through to the finer detail of what to expect via our course pages https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/...each course page will have a 'Modules' section that you can expand and click on each module, which will take you through to Swansea's Module Catalogue...including a summary of assessment methods.

Typically, there will be a mix of exams and coursework each semester, with exams taking place after your main teaching blocks (January, then May/June). Some exams will be weighted 50-70% of the overall module mark, but this really depends on the module. Some modules may also be 100% coursework based.

I hope this helps with your preparation ahead of September. Feel free to get in touch at any time if you need anything else. Best wishes for the future.

Gethin (Future Students Team)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Thank you for the help. Apologies for vagueness. My courses for Swansea are BA History and Politics + Year abroad. Hope that helps
Original post by Shane Flanagan
Thank you for the help. Apologies for vagueness. My courses for Swansea are BA History and Politics + Year abroad. Hope that helps

Thanks @Shane Flanagan, no worries at all. Here's a link to your course outline https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/culture-communication/history/ba-history-politics/#modules=is-expanded - you can click through each module for the details on assessment methods.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything else. Swansea Uni's Official TSR Forum might also be worth bookmarking for additional insights from other students ahead of starting in September.

Best wishes, Gethin (Future Students Team)

Quick Reply

Latest