The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

How is Swansea University for Doctors study?

I am a little bit confused about this university, anyone has experience in this, please suggest.

Thanks
Ella
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am a little bit confused about this university, anyone has experience in this, please suggest.

Thanks
Ella

Morning Ella!

I am one of the current Graduate Entry Medicine students at Swansea University, and am in third year. Swansea offers Graduate Entry Medicine, so it takes students who already have a previous degree to study medicine. More information can be found on our website. The website contains a description of the course, entry requirements, modules, funding etc. Once we graduate from Swansea's MBBCH degree, we will be Doctors.

In terms of Swansea as a course, it is amazing. We are based right by the beach, which is a beautiful setting, especially when it's sunny! We have many selling points, such as early clinical exposure to both hospital and GP settings and are able to be placed in any hospitals from Swansea all the way up to the very top of North Wales. As the cohort is made up of graduates from many different degrees, the course is very diverse, with students from a wide variety of backgrounds coming together to study medicine. The teaching is also amazing, with a spiral curriculum which means that you never learn something and then just leave it to one side to forget it, you constantly build on the topics you get taught, adding varying layers of complexity as you move through the years.

If you have any other specific questions, please get in touch! We'll be happy to answer them! You can also check out our post on 'Your Pathways to Medicine,' which might give you some more information.

Best wishes,
Hope Henry - Swansea Student Ambassador and Third Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest