The Student Room Group

Walked out of my job...what happens now?

So I've been working part-time at a hotel for a few weeks now, and today I walked out about 90 minutes before my shift ended after hearing my manager making some extremely racist remarks about another employee. Before leaving I told them not to contact me again, and that I won't reply if they do because honestly after today I really never want anything to do with that place again. I stand by what I did/said 100% and still have absolutely no intention of answering any of their calls, but now I'm slightly concerned about what will happen next. Will they contact me to say I've been fired, and if so am I legally required to respond or sign anything? Is this something that would affect me getting a job in the future? I'm not planning on putting this on my CV or anything, as it was only a couple of weeks and I really wouldn't want a future employer contacting them as I'm sure the manager would not have good things to say about me. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so what happened? I don't regret it at all but now I've cleared my head a bit I'm just a bit concerned so I'd appreciate if anyone could put my mind at ease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending