The Student Room Group

Uni choices opinion

Ive finally picked my 5 unis to choose at UCAS. I chose 2 high reach, 2 low reach and one middle. Please do tell me if you have any experience with the following unis. Ps I'm applying for a chem degree

high reach
- oxford
- imperial
low reach
- sussex
- keele
middle
- york

LMK what you think
They are fine.. Obviously Oxford and Imperial are massively risky as they are usually way over subscribed. I would have thought someone applying for those universities wouldnt need to apply to Keele. Have you thought of replace it with somewhere like Bath or Lancaster.
Original post by hhhhu09-ioju90
Ive finally picked my 5 unis to choose at UCAS. I chose 2 high reach, 2 low reach and one middle. Please do tell me if you have any experience with the following unis. Ps I'm applying for a chem degree

high reach
- oxford
- imperial
low reach
- sussex
- keele
middle
- york

LMK what you think

As above, do you really need 2 low universities?
Original post by ageshallnot
As above, do you really need 2 low universities?

Good point. Its just a small drafted list for now which I will finalise when I get my actual AS results back. Im keeping my expectations low hahaha
Good point. Its just a small drafted list for now which I will finalise when I get my actual AS results back. Im keeping my expectations low hahaha

Which degree - I'd avoid Imperial as the student support is poor
Original post by Muttley79
Which degree - I'd avoid Imperial as the student support is poor

Chemistry and thanks for the tidbit about Imperial! I guess I have to look somewhere else then. Any suggestions?
(Original post by hhhhu09-ioju90)Chemistry and thanks for the tidbit about Imperial! I guess I have to look somewhere else then. Any suggestions?

Durham and Bath. Both very good universities in smallish cities like Oxford.
Original post by swanseajack1
(Original post by hhhhu09-ioju90)Chemistry and thanks for the tidbit about Imperial! I guess I have to look somewhere else then. Any suggestions?

Durham and Bath. Both very good universities in smallish cities like Oxford.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've actually been to Bath before and I can't believe I haven't thought about going there. Will check it out.
Chemistry and thanks for the tidbit about Imperial! I guess I have to look somewhere else then. Any suggestions?

What sort of place are you looking to live? Which courses interest you? Do you prefer exams or coursework?
What sort of place are you looking to live? Which courses interest you? Do you prefer exams or coursework?

I don't have a strong preference but I would prefer a pretty place - that isnt very crowded. I prefer coursework and in terms of courses I quite like all but prefer organic the most.
I don't have a strong preference but I would prefer a pretty place - that isnt very crowded. I prefer coursework and in terms of courses I quite like all but prefer organic the most.

Oxford course is exam focused isn't it?

Look through a list of Chem courses at/just below predictions and use those areas to reduce it down.
Oxford course is exam focused isn't it?

Look through a list of Chem courses at/just below predictions and use those areas to reduce it down.

Oh yeah I know Oxford is exam focused but I'm still interested in applying ! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending