The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades

Unfortunately my teacher is being very strict with predicted grades and has limited me to a B. I want to study biomedical sciences so this really limits my options! I obviously want to go to a good university and this grade is really stressing me out as it stops me from applying to the top universities. Would it still be worth me applying to russell group universities or should I just wait to sit my exams and then go through clearing?
Original post by jrpstem123
Unfortunately my teacher is being very strict with predicted grades and has limited me to a B. I want to study biomedical sciences so this really limits my options! I obviously want to go to a good university and this grade is really stressing me out as it stops me from applying to the top universities. Would it still be worth me applying to russell group universities or should I just wait to sit my exams and then go through clearing?

In this situation, I would try to apply to places that ask for As. Missing by one grade shouldn't be that much of an issue unless it's straight Bs or you have a lot of competition for Biomed at the uni of your choice.

Should you get rejected by all of your options, the next best option in my opinion is to finish the A Level in flying colours and apply to your choice of unis in your gap year. Having confirmed grades is better than having predicted grades anyway.

Clearing isn't something I recommend unless you have no other option but to go through with it in case of emergency. The only time it's recommended is if you struck it lucky and your ideal course from your chosen university is offering it through clearing (very unlikely if it's a top end uni).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending